Airline Starts Weighing Passengers Shocker!

I'm now a regular size bloke, not sure how'd I have felt a few year back when I was errrm pretty much twice my size. It's a bit personal, should we weigh people that get on buses?. Surely to fly safely there should be built in huge margins no?. Could understand on those small single engine or biplane etc but commercial big lads should be massive tolerance built in.

Let's be honest though. A big fatty isn't going to be surprised when the scales say they are heavy. Nor will the person who is doing the weighing or anyone in the vicinity.

Passengers should have a 100kg limit for themselves and case combined... don't see why I should have to take stuff out my case when it's 1kg over the limit and there's a fat bloke behind me in the queue that weighs 3 times what I do

Can that be offset by travelling with your kids - asking for a friend.

Let's be honest though. A big fatty isn't going to be surprised when the scales say they are heavy. Nor will the person who is doing the weighing or anyone in the vicinity.
Bit personal still though ain't it, I guess it's the sorta thing that would fail if challenged in court mind.

Bit personal still though ain't it, I guess it's the sorta thing that would fail if challenged in court mind.

I've never really got the sensitivity around weight tbh sir. Same with age.

Anyway, to keep the OPs self identifying angle going for a moment, the fatty could self identify as a 747 and fly there themselves.

Last edited:
Been done to death on here. But for me, give everyone a combined weight total and charge more if you're over, discount if you're under.

I think that's far enough to be honest. Ultimately more weight costs more money and if you charge people for luggage weight then nothing wrong with charging for body weight. The body positivity lot won't be happy though, saw a video of a 'plus sized traveller influencer' who was arguing not giving them free extra seats is discriminatory

Passengers should have a 100kg limit for themselves and case combined... don't see why I should have to take stuff out my case when it's 1kg over the limit and there's a fat bloke behind me in the queue that weighs 3 times what I do
Wear all of your clothes instead of putting them in your suitcase.

Unfair... the fatties will already be paying extra when buying all the overpriced scran and booze on their flight so shouldn't have to pay any fat tax on their ticket.

Last edited:
A Finish airline is starting to weigh passengers- voluntary for now but could this end up becoming mandatory and spread to other airlines?

As we know, in this day and age of wokeness - everyone can be a victim - but is this a legitimate case of fat shaming and are you prepared to get in the scales before flying?

Absolutely should be a thing aswell as actual width. Don't agree with all this normalisation of obesity, be as fat or wide as you want but pay double for everything

Since 2018, Finnair has used average weights determined based on its own measurements, but the authorities require these figures to be updated every five years. With the previous measurements having been taken in 2017 and 2018, it’s now time to collect updated data.

Something needs implemented they should also be forced into buying two seats if they're going to over hang their own and encroach on someone else's space. Isn't right someone of decent weight and standards has their whole flight ruined and inconvenienced because they get sat next to a lard arse.
I definitely agree with the two seat thing mind, when I was fat I never made it so I was hindering anyone else. It was my doing and no one should be put out because of me. Same as smokers being banned in public spots, why should I get second hand smoke of my gear stink like shit because a person choses to smoke. If a person is so big they are encroaching on someone else's seat they should have to pay for a second.
I've never really got the sensitivity around weight tbh sir. Same with age.

Anyway, to keep the OPs self identifying angle going for a moment, the fatty could self identify as a 747 and fly there themselves.
You been fat? I have I guess it's a shame thing.

Last edited:
A Finish airline is starting to weigh passengers- voluntary for now but could this end up becoming mandatory and spread to other airlines?

As we know, in this day and age of wokeness - everyone can be a victim - but is this a legitimate case of fat shaming and are you prepared to get in the scales before flying?

Makes sense mate.I can see that Lardy fella that used to post on here being refused boarding when trying to get to Russia and Nigeria.

fat shaming?? about time they did do it.

now they can tell them to not sit at the back of the plane or it'll be doing a wheelie while on the runway

Back