Airline Starts Weighing Passengers Shocker!

Apache Inbound

Midfield
A Finish airline is starting to weigh passengers- voluntary for now but could this end up becoming mandatory and spread to other airlines?

As we know, in this day and age of wokeness - everyone can be a victim - but is this a legitimate case of fat shaming and are you prepared to get in the scales before flying?

A Finish airline is starting to weigh passengers- voluntary for now but could this end up becoming mandatory and spread to other airlines?

As we know, in this day and age of wokeness - everyone can be a victim - but is this a legitimate case of fat shaming and are you prepared to get in the scales before flying?

Even by your standards, you can do better than this

Its voluntary and just to get an accurate picture of the planes overall load rather than rely on estimates which are mandatory.

People have forgotten what shape humans are supposed to tbf so a bit of shaming wouldn't go amiss to help the nation become healthier. Just look at this place. Loads of people in denial and coming out with things like "if I was in the healthy range on BMI scale I'd look ill" :lol:

As with any transport, weight needs to be factored in one way or another. Given Finland is home to one of the tallest populations in the world, with a fairly low obesity rate (particularly be developed nation standards), I'm going to say it's not about fat shaming.

As with any transport, weight needs to be factored in one way or another. Given Finland is home to one of the tallest populations in the world, with a fairly low obesity rate (particularly be developed nation standards), I'm going to say it's not about fat shaming.

What happens if say a particularly obese gentleman is refused boarding but then challenges the airline’s decision by stating he identifies as a person of low BMI?

Nowt wrong with it, it’s based on weight which doesn’t discriminate exclusively against fat people. Could be an 18 stone of pure lean muscle rugby player 🤷‍♂️

What happens if say a particularly obese gentleman is refused boarding but then challenges the airline’s decision by stating he identifies as a person of low BMI?

BMI is a calculation based on height and weight, so I can't imagine that they'd get very far with that.

A tall, lean, Scandinavian giant could try claiming to identify as a person of lowe BMI, he wouldn't get very far either I suspect.

Last edited:

Back