After Life

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date

Had to skip all the latest comments due to everyone watching them at once then telling everyone else.
Watched first of new series last night
It's enjoyable in that Old England meandering type of way
I love Rickys stuff
Does anyone just find it spread really thin ?
Some canny ideas stretched way too thin ?
Just feels by the end of this season he could have done it all in 1 .
Clearly everyone's loving it so must be just me

So at the end, are we assuming him & the dog have died years later of natural causes, or has he topped himself? The whole thing was he’d pulled himself out of the darkness he was in, but as the photographer took the last photograph, it was like he knew it wasn’t right. Like it was the last time he’d see him. He’s done his good deeds & left those around him happy at the the fair
So at the end, are we assuming him & the dog have died years later of natural causes, or has he topped himself? The whole thing was he’d pulled himself out of the darkness he was in, but as the photographer took the last photograph, it was like he knew it wasn’t right. Like it was the last time he’d see him. He’s done his good deeds & left those around him happy at the the fair
Don’t know what’s happened here, but my spoiler filter looks different to everyone’s else’s! Soz if it’s not worked!

Kate Rusby has done some amazing stuff. I was driving up the A1 from Sandy in 2008 the first time I heard this song… had to pull into a lay-by and cried like a baby, it struck a massive chord due to circumstances at the time. I love the song and the singer…

If you’re not in absolute bits by the time this finishes, you haven’t got a soul. Play to the end.

Yep. Me too. Ruined.

If I had one criticism of the series overall it's the liberal use of kernt. You can take away the impact of something if you use it too often and I think he's guilty of that.
Nah, I think he slotted it in well. Showed his anger when he used it, showed how people felt about it with the office discussion, provided humour when it was used later.

Anyhow “& I hope it was his cock you cunt” wouldn’t have been nearly as good if it was wanker, twat or bastard.

Nah, I think he slotted it in well. Showed his anger when he used it, showed how people felt about it with the office discussion, provided humour when it was used later.

Anyhow “& I hope it was his cock you cunt” wouldn’t have been nearly as good if it was wanker, twat or bastard.

It was appropriate for that moment for sure!

Don’t know what’s happened here, but my spoiler filter looks different to everyone’s else’s! Soz if it’s not worked!
he said it just shows that life just carries on even when you are gone

Was a nice little series. Started strong, didn’t enjoy the second that much then final series is decent.

Gervais needs to realise though that if you use c*nt as the punchline to every joke, it’s not funny

Watched the new series this week. I'm not entirely sure why he did another one, I don't think there was a need for it. Losing Paul Kaye and Roisin Conaghty as characters in the show stuck out like a sore thumb. 5/10 for me

Watched all of s3 earlier today. Mrs, who has never seen it before, came downstairs during episode 5 and watched that and episode 6 with me.

After the kids hospice bit I heard a strange noise and looked over to see her bawling her eyes out. Never seen a programme have such an impact on her before!

I think it's brilliant. Touches all the right spots.

Watched the new series this week. I'm not entirely sure why he did another one, I don't think there was a need for it. Losing Paul Kaye and Roisin Conaghty as characters in the show stuck out like a sore thumb. 5/10 for me
I don’t think Kaye was a miss at all. Him and the two Oi Oi twats were a pain in the arse. They referenced Roxy all the way through this series so I thought she might pop up (ooerr missus!) at some stage but it worked as it was without her.

I never liked those two. I get that characters were needed to provide a conflict with tony and his boss but they were terrible

They were beyond cunty to be fair. I mean it worked because you loathed them and felt the discomfort when they were in the office with the others, but it was like someone set off a mental bomb when they came in
Jo Enright

She was also in Life’s Too Short with Warwick Davis amongst other stuff.

@Chesterladmackem
She was also in Phoenix Nights. She was the woman called Beverley who Brian went on a date with.
"Flower for the lady?"
"Fuck off".

I saw her do stand up in Manchester once. Good craic

Last edited:

Back