After Life

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date

Just finished season 3 this afternoon. Balled my eyes out through episodes 5 & 6 but I’ll cry at out. Then again I’m laughing I was pissing myself a minute later at some of the one liners from bearded glasses mate of James.

I thought the talk June gave Tony in the office was just perfect and showed what a brilliant character she is.

Really enjoyed it!

That’s not true though, maybe not your taste but Derek and Afterlife have a great mix of it all

They don’t it’s so formulaic

Those scenes with his whacky shrink

It’s little Britain standard humour

He has lost all its subtly since he left merchant

Just trying to appeal to mass audiences which the office wasn’t which is why it was so genius

Casting whacky ridiculous unrealistic charachters to say outlandish stuff like that bloke in the glasses too

As much as I like Paul Kaye, his character being jettisoned was a very wise move. Also limiting Ratty & The Nonce. Just far too over the top. Looking back at series 2 it was daft at times. This series was almost flawless.

They don’t it’s so formulaic

Those scenes with his whacky shrink

It’s little Britain standard humour

He has lost all its subtly since he left merchant

Just trying to appeal to mass audiences which the office wasn’t which is why it was so genius

Casting whacky ridiculous unrealistic charachters to say outlandish stuff like that bloke in the glasses too
I think a lot of people commented on the shrink being a terrible addition in the 2nd series. They just went over the top with him.
Also the bearded glasses bloke was commented about being a pointless addition. Like they needed a filler character.

The rest of the show was brilliant though. Really takes you through mixed emotions. It’s definitely not his best (without Merchant), I hold that for Derek. I can’t say enough for that show, some of the scenes get to me so much.
Every time I see him stick that tenner back in the purse makes me teary, so many subtle parts.

Watched the first 2 episodes of series 3. Quite enjoyed them, actually.

Absolutely loved the song at the end of episode 2. Never heard it or of the singer before, but Shazamed it & will look her up.
Kate Rusby has done some amazing stuff. I was driving up the A1 from Sandy in 2008 the first time I heard this song… had to pull into a lay-by and cried like a baby, it struck a massive chord due to circumstances at the time. I love the song and the singer…

Just finished it. Thought it was a fair drop off from the first 2 season but still a canny watch. I think he gets these UST about right not going on more than 2-3 seasons, it's about the right length for a comedy show.

Back