Africans and water

Why does the apparently fifth/sixth richest economy in the WORLD have so many homeless people?

Do you need some clues?

How is our homeless issue in the U.K. connected with Africans not having water?

Noticed you edited to add food bank to your original comment. That’s not good, but unsure what it has to do with Africa having no water

Global capitalism?

I suspect you have a mindset that will render us unable to have a reasonable debate. Personally I can’t hold capitalism accountable for African kids not having water in 2019.

Aye, let's invade a country and give them democracy.
What could go wrong?:lol:

I don’t totally disagree with your sentiment, let them get on with it and we will mind our own business. Or we start holding their leaders more accountable. Absolute joke that kids are dying in 2019 because they can’t get water pumps installed. I’m not convinced it’s due to lack of money.

Half the problem, from what I understand is that a charity will come in, sort out a pump/well then bugger off. These things need maintenance so when they don't train anyone to do this, it breaks after a couple years, then the next charity repeats the process.

How hard can it be to train a few blokes to maintain a water pump, seriously.

Why don't rich governments sort out the basic needs of their poor people?

Tough one.

Are you comparing the basic need issues in this country with African babies dying because they can’t get a clean cup of water?

Last edited:
I suspect you have a mindset that will render us unable to have a reasonable debate. Personally I can’t hold capitalism accountable for African kids not having water in 2019.

I don’t totally disagree with your sentiment, let them get on with it and we will mind our own business. Or we start holding their leaders more accountable. Absolute joke that kids are dying in 2019 because they can’t get water pumps installed. I’m not convinced it’s due to lack of money.

How hard can it be to train a few blokes to maintain a water pump, seriously.

Are you comparing the basic need issues in this country with African babies dying because they can’t get a clean cup of water?
I've no idea, but since it happens it can't be that easy. They don't think of the spare parts, neither.

Adverts on the tele tonight, charity ones about wanting a few quid a month so people can have clean water.

I haven’t really analysed this before tonight but what the fuck is going on with the leaders of these countries and when are they going to get their shit together? If Water Aid can bang a pump in for a few hundred quid why on Earth are kids dying in 2019 because they can’t be guaranteed clean water?? The technology advances we have seen here in the last 50 years but Africa still can’t provide clean water to people despite countless billions in aid and charity. It’s bloody indirect genocide, we should send in the army and shoot all their ministers until they can demonstrate they can install governments that aren’t corrupt. Rant over, sorry.
Because many of those leaders that you referred to have yachts, harems, holidays, Swiss bank accounts, private aircraft to support. It's unreasonable of you to expect them to do both.

Why does the apparently fifth/sixth richest economy in the WORLD have so many homeless people and a chronic food bank issue?

Do you need some clues?
Would expressions like "a small pampered elite" feature in one of those clues?

Just a wild guess.

No offence, but I think the “since it happens it can’t be easy” mindset is the root cause of the problem. We have Tesla’s, fibre broadband, Uber, loads of other advanced shit. I can’t accept that Africa can’t secure clean water in 2019.
We also have infrastructure. It can but if it was easy it would happen. Necessity is the mother of invention and it's not been invented.

Adverts on the tele tonight, charity ones about wanting a few quid a month so people can have clean water.

I haven’t really analysed this before tonight but what the fuck is going on with the leaders of these countries and when are they going to get their shit together? If Water Aid can bang a pump in for a few hundred quid why on Earth are kids dying in 2019 because they can’t be guaranteed clean water?? The technology advances we have seen here in the last 50 years but Africa still can’t provide clean water to people despite countless billions in aid and charity. It’s bloody indirect genocide, we should send in the army and shoot all their ministers until they can demonstrate they can install governments that aren’t corrupt. Rant over, sorry.
We used to in the olden days.

Can never understand why they do not invest in desalination plants to help the coast then send in land along with drilling for the water table. The continent is summed up in the 30 million sponsorship of Arsenal by Rwanda. I know it is a very simplistic view but if Sierra Leone could sort out the tribal differences they could be a wealthy country with the diamonds and minerals

The fact is... the US, China, UK, Germany etc would rather rape the African land of it's wealth rather than save the people living on it. Turning African nations into productive countries doesn't help us get rich, so we do fuckall about it and it's left to charities to save lives.

It's a wonderful world, eh.

The fact is... the US, China, UK, Germany etc would rather rape the African land of it's wealth rather than save the people living on it. Turning African nations into productive countries doesn't help us get rich, so we do fuckall about it and it's left to charities to save lives.

It's a wonderful world, eh.

This. Whilst African nationso must accept the responsibility for gross overspending on military and non essential areas, unfortunately third world debt is growing. Until the debt is sorted out by the first world the countries will be unable to generate the income needed to support their populations.

Back