Adidas trainers

Too many knackers wear Adidas now. They've become unwearable to the point that you actually laugh at people with them on, like Stone Island.
Cannot get away with the thin soles on all the reissues. Just not comfortable for me to wear these days. I still like the “look” of a pair of Spezials, but I wouldn’t buy another pair again. Just hurt my feet. Bought a magic limited edition pair in Marseille in 2004, light brown. Zero idea where they ended up.

Wouldn’t dream of wearing SI or CP these days - that ship sailed nigh on 20 years ago.

Cannot get away with the thin soles on all the reissues. Just not comfortable for me to wear these days. I still like the “look” of a pair of Spezials, but I wouldn’t buy another pair again. Just hurt my feet. Bought a magic limited edition pair in Marseille in 2004, light brown. Zero idea where they ended up.

Wouldn’t dream of wearing SI or CP these days - that ship sailed nigh on 20 years ago.
Adidas these days is worn by people with zero style or imagination. There's just no effort or thought involved. Everything they've released over the last ten years is pretty much a suede upper with a flat gum sole, in various colour combinations and called different names. Don't get me started on the Spezials either!

CP Company is light years ahead lookswise of Stone Island. It's overtaken SI in terms of consistently knocking out great looking gear if you buy the right stuff. Stone Island has became a bit vaudeville and a comedy brand these days, and I'm saying that as someone who was obsessed with the stuff when I first started wearing it. Even though CP is ridiculously popular it's still wearable, even for most ages (as long as it's not the bog standard goggle stuff), whereas older lads in Stone Island are the kind of clowns we laughed at for being teddy boys 30 years after they went out of fashion when we were young :lol:. I've still got a few old CP Company jackets from years ago that I can still wear these days and they don't look out of place and I've also bought gear from them over the last few years. I've hardly got any Stone Island gear left these days but I did buy a jacket in Florence (after a day on the piss :confused: ) that I still wear occasionally. Coincidentally the wife has put the others in the loft tonight because I never wear them plus we need more space in the wardrobe!

Too many knackers wear Adidas now. They've become unwearable to the point that you actually laugh at people with them on, like Stone Island.
They've never been expensive enough you needed milk boys in farra to buy snidey ones . I understand now the SI story but from me first noticing them I just thought the look was tacky ,I was probably looking at snides but I've never seen it worn well.
Adidas is just something that's been around and lasted on a much bigger scale . Its about finding the right stuff that suits you

And they posted this 3 days. Classic Guardian.

Adidas these days is worn by people with zero style or imagination. There's just no effort or thought involved. Everything they've released over the last ten years is pretty much a suede upper with a flat gum sole, in various colour combinations and called different names. Don't get me started on the Spezials either!

CP Company is light years ahead lookswise of Stone Island. It's overtaken SI in terms of consistently knocking out great looking gear if you buy the right stuff. Stone Island has became a bit vaudeville and a comedy brand these days, and I'm saying that as someone who was obsessed with the stuff when I first started wearing it. Even though CP is ridiculously popular it's still wearable, even for most ages (as long as it's not the bog standard goggle stuff), whereas older lads in Stone Island are the kind of clowns we laughed at for being teddy boys 30 years after they went out of fashion when we were young :lol:. I've still got a few old CP Company jackets from years ago that I can still wear these days and they don't look out of place and I've also bought gear from them over the last few years. I've hardly got any Stone Island gear left these days but I did buy a jacket in Florence (after a day on the piss :confused: ) that I still wear occasionally. Coincidentally the wife has put the others in the loft tonight because I never wear them plus we need more space in the wardrobe!
You're just in the game though and self deciding where you are with it .
Embarrassing si and cool si etc
I just see the same thing and think not for me thanks.
It's label flashing at the end of the day .

They've never been expensive enough you needed milk boys in farra to buy snidey ones . I understand now the SI story but from me first noticing them I just thought the look was tacky ,I was probably looking at snides but I've never seen it worn well.
Adidas is just something that's been around and lasted on a much bigger scale . Its about finding the right stuff that suits you
Don't get me wrong Ive got loads of adidas but who wants to be wearing the same stuff as school kids and thick people? Looking back over the last ten years I've been more likely to be in a pair of Novesta, Yogis or Keen sandals than Adidas. Currently sporting a pair of Flower Mountains that I picked up last year on holiday.
You're just in the game though and self deciding where you are with it .
Embarrassing si and cool si etc
I just see the same thing and think not for me thanks.
It's label flashing at the end of the day .
I know what you mean, I wish that CP didn't have most of the branding because I love some of the stuff. Believe me I'm not a massive one for labels. I found one of my best jackets in a charity shop in Malmo! Towards the end of me wearing Stone Island I used to take the badge off on purpose because it was getting popular and everybody would say 'Somebody's nicked your badge mate' :)

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong Ive got loads of adidas but who wants to be wearing the same stuff as school kids and thick people? Looking back over the last ten years I've been more likely to be in a pair of Novesta, Yogis or Keen sandals than Adidas. Currently sporting a pair of Flower Mountains that I picked up last year on holiday.

I know what you mean, I wish that CP didn't have most of the branding because I love some of the stuff. Believe me I'm not a massive one for labels. I found one of my best jackets in a charity shop in Malmo! Towards the end of me wearing Stone Island I used to take the badge off on purpose because it was getting popular and everybody would say 'Somebody's nicked your badge mate' :)
Aye Adidas is for the masses but it has a cool pedigree
Most sports brands do . Just about finding some tasteful stuff amongst the pile . It's tough for brands , they want punters but then too many can take them into a world where they lose the first punters .

Back