Adidas trainers

Aye Adidas is for the masses but it has a cool pedigree
Most sports brands do . Just about finding some tasteful stuff amongst the pile . It's tough for brands , they want punters but then too many can take them into a world where they lose the first punters .
You're right. I've still got Adidas that I love but it's become the opposite of cool due to every knobhead and his dog wearing them these days.
Especially fat bald blokes at the match like @Boris Bear and @chunkyshanhawk53

You're right. I've still got Adidas that I love but it's become the opposite of cool due to every knobhead and his dog wearing them these days.
Especially fat bald blokes at the match like @Boris Bear and @chunkyshanhawk53
I'd be lying if I said I don't watch what I wear and look at others but aye for many the new on coloured Adidas suede seems enough to pull footy Dad over the line . Weekend extra casual

Maybe it is age, so as I get older, the adidas/SI/CP caper doesn’t sit right, but also, I just don’t like the clothes now, at my age. It has nowt to do with being discerning, I think I was, at least a little, when I was 16 and thereafter. It’s just the style of that stuff, and how it is everywhere, why it doesn’t suit me. And that is not a criticism of those who like that stuff. I just prefer my clobber to blend in, to be unobtrusive. The art of “one upmanship” has been replaced by Flannels.

Adidas these days is worn by people with zero style or imagination. There's just no effort or thought involved. Everything they've released over the last ten years is pretty much a suede upper with a flat gum sole, in various colour combinations and called different names. Don't get me started on the Spezials either!

CP Company is light years ahead lookswise of Stone Island. It's overtaken SI in terms of consistently knocking out great looking gear if you buy the right stuff. Stone Island has became a bit vaudeville and a comedy brand these days, and I'm saying that as someone who was obsessed with the stuff when I first started wearing it. Even though CP is ridiculously popular it's still wearable, even for most ages (as long as it's not the bog standard goggle stuff), whereas older lads in Stone Island are the kind of clowns we laughed at for being teddy boys 30 years after they went out of fashion when we were young :lol:. I've still got a few old CP Company jackets from years ago that I can still wear these days and they don't look out of place and I've also bought gear from them over the last few years. I've hardly got any Stone Island gear left these days but I did buy a jacket in Florence (after a day on the piss :confused: ) that I still wear occasionally. Coincidentally the wife has put the others in the loft tonight because I never wear them plus we need more space in the wardrobe!
Looking forward to me new Spezials arriving. Think it’ll be airport there & airport back. Flop flips while I’m there. Gerrup the adidas.

Either massively under sized or over- sized
I once had a pair of Black & white ones (for footy ffs :lol: ) that were very tight so I bought a pair of wooden shoe extenders :lol:
That were two foot long for 3 days, Did they stretch. :cry:

Don't get me wrong Ive got loads of adidas but who wants to be wearing the same stuff as school kids and thick people? Looking back over the last ten years I've been more likely to be in a pair of Novesta, Yogis or Keen sandals than Adidas. Currently sporting a pair of Flower Mountains that I picked up last year on holiday.

I know what you mean, I wish that CP didn't have most of the branding because I love some of the stuff. Believe me I'm not a massive one for labels. I found one of my best jackets in a charity shop in Malmo! Towards the end of me wearing Stone Island I used to take the badge off on purpose because it was getting popular and everybody would say 'Somebody's nicked your badge mate' :)
I've been going with the more niche silhouettes when I've bought Adidas the past year or so like the aloha or I know they are starting to get popular now but the campus 00 seems skate styles are becoming the next go to, nicking my style the fuckers.

Adidas these days is worn by people with zero style or imagination. There's just no effort or thought involved. Everything they've released over the last ten years is pretty much a suede upper with a flat gum sole, in various colour combinations and called different names. Don't get me started on the Spezials either!
Don't know how they get away with it. Generic suede silhouette and then call it after a previously well liked style despite it looking nowt like it. "Got my new munchens on mate"
No ya haven't

CP Company is light years ahead lookswise of Stone Island. It's overtaken SI in terms of consistently knocking out great looking gear if you buy the right stuff. Stone Island has became a bit vaudeville and a comedy brand these days, and I'm saying that as someone who was obsessed with the stuff when I first started wearing it. Even though CP is ridiculously popular it's still wearable, even for most ages (as long as it's not the bog standard goggle stuff), whereas older lads in Stone Island are the kind of clowns we laughed at for being teddy boys 30 years after they went out of fashion when we were young :lol:. I've still got a few old CP Company jackets from years ago that I can still wear these days and they don't look out of place and I've also bought gear from them over the last few years. I've hardly got any Stone Island gear left these days but I did buy a jacket in Florence (after a day on the piss :confused: ) that I still wear occasionally. Coincidentally the wife has put the others in the loft tonight because I never wear them plus we need more space in the wardrobe!
Bang on, I bought a pair of Mexicana last year because of the colourway but it’s very monotonous now with the suede trainers. Still some decent SL 72 & 76’s released but thats about it.

And they posted this 3 days. Classic Guardian.

The article makes the obvious point they're just ubiquitous these days.

This is made worse with the number of people who wear trainers in situations they wouldnt have in decades gone by e.g. middle aged men, old men, prime minister being interviewed.

Don't know how they get away with it. Generic suede silhouette and then call it after a previously well liked style despite it looking nowt like it. "Got my new munchens on mate"
No ya haven't
Totally agree, I've had a few pair of munchens in the past and they looked good, quality manufacture, had something about them - seemed to be the adidas equivalent to puma california (best ever for me). Then the later issues of munchen came along, generic, bland and cheap looking- WTF is that? wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

I'll always like Samba, (older) Munchen, Trimm Trab, SL72, regardless of new found popularity - but even if they do still knock them out, chances are it'll be in silly/bright/day-glo colours. It's almost like I'm too old for this shit, but I'm too stuck in my ways since my first pair of 'kick' in the 70s. I'll lazily continue for the most part to be an adidad and stick to conservative colours that blend in, if available.
My nephew is dressing like it now and thinks he looks amazing, I just keep pointing out how he's basically copying off all of his dad's mates. Bet the 40/50 year olds wished they kept all the stuff they bought years back as the younger generation would pay a fair bit now.
I don't blame young lads (or lasses) dressing that way, it can still be a good look, buts it's hardened over the decades into a generic 'footy lad' style - similar to mod, skinhead, punk, goth each having their own generic style that perhaps doesn't deviate too much.

Totally agree, I've had a few pair of munchens in the past and they looked good, quality manufacture, had something about them - seemed to be the adidas equivalent to puma california (best ever for me). Then the later issues of munchen came along, generic, bland and cheap looking- WTF is that? wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

I'll always like Samba, (older) Munchen, Trimm Trab, SL72, regardless of new found popularity - but even if they do still knock them out, chances are it'll be in silly/bright/day-glo colours. It's almost like I'm too old for this shit, but I'm too stuck in my ways since my first pair of 'kick' in the 70s. I'll lazily continue for the most part to be an adidad and stick to conservative colours that blend in, if available.
I’m the same with Trimm Trab, Jeans and Gazelles. The thing about the adidas Jeans back in the day was that you couldn’t get them anywhere, we had to order them in. Nowadays everything’s there at the click of a button and available in 1000 different colours in JD Sports. The last pair of adidas I bought were a pair in the sale at Oi Polloi and very similar to Trimm Trabs…

Don't get me wrong Ive got loads of adidas but who wants to be wearing the same stuff as school kids and thick people? Looking back over the last ten years I've been more likely to be in a pair of Novesta, Yogis or Keen sandals than Adidas. Currently sporting a pair of Flower Mountains that I picked up last year on holiday.

I know what you mean, I wish that CP didn't have most of the branding because I love some of the stuff. Believe me I'm not a massive one for labels. I found one of my best jackets in a charity shop in Malmo! Towards the end of me wearing Stone Island I used to take the badge off on purpose because it was getting popular and everybody would say 'Somebody's nicked your badge mate' :)
Ha ha. I used to do this with my stone island tops n'all.Think the last thing I bought was mid /late 90's.To be honest, standing in the roker end, I did once get my badge nicked. Definitely by one of my marras, but never got it back.

I’m the same with Trimm Trab, Jeans and Gazelles. The thing about the adidas Jeans back in the day was that you couldn’t get them anywhere, we had to order them in. Nowadays everything’s there at the click of a button and available in 1000 different colours in JD Sports. The last pair of adidas I bought were a pair in the sale at Oi Polloi and very similar to Trimm Trabs…
Aye, good shout with Jeans, got a pair of the dark green ones, cordura material or something, they hit the spot.
I suppose you've got to be on the ball to get decent stuff nowadays, huge demand/collectors/re-sellers then filter through the shite.
Still got some trabs, I need to get them worn before the feckers perish.

Aye, good shout with Jeans, got a pair of the dark green ones, cordura material or something, they hit the spot.
I suppose you've got to be on the ball to get decent stuff nowadays, huge demand/collectors/re-sellers then filter through the shite.
Still got some trabs, I need to get them worn before the feckers perish.
Be careful when putting a pair of Trabs on that you’ve not worn in years - the soles disintegrate.

Went to see New Order last September at the O2 in London. Couldn’t decide what to where, tried a few pairs on then decided to wear a pair of Trabs that I’ve not worn in a good 15 years. By the time I got to North Greenwich, so an hour after leaving the house, the soles had already started to crack, bits falling off. By the time the gig starts chunks of the side of the sole had fallen off. By the time I got home there was barely any olf the sole left on the trainer, looked like a right tramp.

Got another pair in the cupboard, barely worn. No doubt they will collapse too if worn.

Back