Adidas trainers

I honestly don’t know, the post to me was miss leading. I’m just waiting to see what the metro centre size put on their Instagram.
may first they said people could queue for the gazza gazelle but then changed their mind.

I was in Size? the week before the Gazza Gazelle came out and they told me it was queuing up..first come first served..the raffle had already been put in place on their website..they even told me that Paul Gascoigne might be turning up to help sales along.

Brilliant mate.
Would be worth a decent amount now if I hadn't played football in them on the school yard :D

That's what I did with mine. Both ripped across the front having played football in them. They were decent trainers all the same, comfy and looked good and certainly way better than those that were released about 15-20 years ago or whenever it was. I think the original ones were about £60 - fair amount of dough to pay back in the mid 80s. Bought them in Newcastle but cannot remember where. My mate pilfered the bag that they came in from me back in 1986. He still has the bag, uses it for toiletries. Seemingly one of the bags was sold on ebay a few years ago for a good amount.

I think most of the latest addias releases are poor quality by and large. Soles are really thin too on some of the releases. Those Mallson ones, or whatever they are called, have terrible soles, ditto the GT Manchester.

Thought the adidas Reno and San Francisco releases from about 20 years ago were decent, still got pairs of those going strong.

I had a pair of Adidas Hawaii in the late 70’s which were made in France. Looked brilliant and very comfortable. The re issued version was nothing like the original for quality,colour and comfort.

Last edited:
I was in Size? the week before the Gazza Gazelle came out and they told me it was queuing up..first come first served..the raffle had already been put in place on their website..they even told me that Paul Gascoigne might be turning up to help sales along.
But then they ended up doing an Instagram raffle for them. I was told it was the council and intu that didn’t want people queuing

If you're wondering about the quality it's becuase they are Made In China. There are two major factories over here, a shit one and a less shit one. Nike also are made here.

Nike daybreak are better than any of the rubbish Adidas have been churning out for the “collectors “.

Daybreaks are perfect but that’s only because they hark back to the golden era of trainers. Latka is correct of course that 99.9% of Nikes look diabolical and are only worn by people who possess no style. But, adidas have been flogging a dead horse for f***ing ages now with some of this limited edition stuff where basically it’s a plain leather trainer, flat sole and theyve changed the colours.

Daybreaks are perfect but that’s only because they hark back to the golden era of trainers. Latka is correct of course that 99.9% of Nikes look diabolical and are only worn by people who possess no style. But, adidas have been flogging a dead horse for f***ing ages now with some of this limited edition stuff where basically it’s a plain leather trainer, flat sole and theyve changed the colours.
Bought the green yellow ones and the brown orange , before that 3 pairs of le coq sportif I’ve kept around 10 pairs of Adidas and sold the rest , no interest in wearing the same shoes as 20 other people in every bar I go in
Nike have nailed it with the daybreak as you say , in my opinion the green yellow are exactly that , they are same as the 70s ones or as close as can be , whereas Adidas have failed terribly trying to or maybe not trying very hard as they didn’t need to recreate the originals , they had the perfect opportunity to do it with the jean s and gazelle super and failed miserably, I still have the Yugoslavia 1987 in dark blue and the mark 1 jeans from 03 , the recent attempts were f***ing shite and it’s all went downhill since the 2014 Stockholm

Last edited:
Was hoping to head down to size in Middlesbrough tomorrow and pick up a pair. However the store is now closed which is excellent. Might try the Adidas website tonight

Didn’t enter any raffles for Koln because was hoping to try and pick up a pair fron adidas site with a discount code. Looking at stock levels at Size? that have been posted; it looks like this release might be a little more exclusive than the predicted general release and certainly more exclusive than the Paris.

I buy trainers to wear during exercise. I have only a vague grasp of 'fashion' trainers. I bought Gazelles and swiftly realized that they are not intended for exercise.

Back