Adidas trainers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Only pair of Addidas I own are these :cool:

I hate the caramel looking plastic on the front and bottoms
Used to swear by Adidas but for some reason they’ve started coming up small around the toe....still got a pair of forest hills with the yellow sole and gold stripes and a pair of forest grove......But generally find Nike more comfy these days....
I agree the sizes seem to be small as I'm starting to burst out of 12's these days

Last edited:
I’m an Adidas man like. Got several pairs in various colours. My dedication has nowt to do with wannabe hoolie / casual or whatever. When I was a nipper my Mam wouldn’t buy me name brand stuff as she reckoned the off brand generics were just as good, so I had the Woolworths Winfield. They had three stripes but a big ‘W’ On the tongue which of course you’d black out with a marker but everybody knew. Then she finally broke down and I got some Banbas - which are called Sambas in America, the English Sambas had the white gristle rubber around the toe and I think they’re called Super Samba here. This was before they made them win the stupid wass tongue. Anyway they lasted me about six years and being clueless about running shoes and hating the nylon and suede type running shoes style I ran the GNR in the same pair about three years on the bounce! So that’s why I remain dedicated to Adidas. I like the variety but agree with the comments that in the inevitable race to the bottom in terms of quality X manufacturing cost I have a couple of Gazelles which are robust enough but my gazelle OGs are paper thin and I doubt they’d last long with continuous wear.

Two of the pics above look canny but I’d hate to wear cream / off white suede shoes at the match or the pub afterwards. Must be hard to keep them looking good in the NE climate of rain, piss, beer and dropped fagends. Those blue ones above are f***ing hideous.

Recently the design yourself mi Adidas program has been shelved. The website said something about a new and improved system coming out for their anniversary but I have no idea what that’s supposed to mean. I wanted to make a SAFC kit pair - red leather, white stripes, black soles! Anyone heard out about the new system?

Always bought Adidas. Beckenbauer were the most uncomfortable I've had, couldn't wait to get them off.

I wear Adidas Jeans now, really comfortable, onto my 2nd pair.

Logon or register to see this image

I’m a jeans convert also. The leather blue ones best I’ve had.

Sambas I clean the drive in. Decent in the day but need a blue badge now.
I've worn all kinds of shoes and trainers. I generally go for the cheapest makes as I don't really care about names.
However most shoes or trainers tend to kill my feet after being on then for a short time.
My youngest son who was 16 at the time (18 now) said " dad, I've grown out of these trainers so try them on and see if they fit you. They're comfortable and might be perfect for you."

I bought a new pair.
Logon or register to see this image

What the fook 😱 are you five foot five?

Last edited:
Seem to be loved and ridiculed in equal measures on here. Sambas were getting a particularly hard time of it recently.

What camp are you in?

I love Sambas, been wearing the classic black leather ones since I was at school, over 20 years. They're mint and look class, my only gripe is the price of them these days!! Sure they were £40 back in the day

Lost count of how many pairs of Sambas I've had. Always the blue suede ones.

They're handy because they were originally indoor football/ futsal trainers, so I can wear them to coach futsal in as well as out and about.

Had forest hills on yesterday, smart trainer but not very comfortable for walking.
I normally only buy Adidas but my last purchase was Nike Air tailwind 79s, very comfortable and good quality.

Dark grey Gazelles with white stripes..white leather Adidas jeans with green stripes..always liked ROM's me like..they've just brought some out again IIRC.

Had a pair of Sambas for about 10 year and theyre good as new, wear them for walking the dog, doing the garden and that.

Hamburg's are the boys though style wise

Like everything that's popular, you'll get halfwits on here ridiculing it

Still the only trainer I would wear, presently got a pair of Dublin’s on from about 10 years ago.

However, generally find the quality is pretty shite I find, really thin soles on some of them. Bought plenty of the Spezial re-releases - Manchester, grey Mallson, those grey CP Company ones (never our the box, need to get rid) - and find them canny to look at, but not so comfortable. Maybe it’s an age thing.....

Of the ones I like: Adidas Reno and San Francisco are built well. The Spezials from about 2003/05 were decent. Bought a great pair of tan ones in Marseille in 2004.

I've got the broon Mallisons and I like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back