Ademola Lookman to Everton 10 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems right to me. 18 year old that has talent way beyond league one experienced players. Scores goals.

Understudy for Bolasie on the left. Looked just what Everton needed to play on the right hand side but too much a luxury as well as Bolasie.

Lookman better at his age than Bolasie was. Seen him live once. He scored. But later in the day when the surprise factor for his pace and shooting accuracy was sussed he hardly got a kick. But that might be because he played for Charlton.

I expected him to go to a PL club last summer and he club loan him back to Charton and he would score a hatful. Neither happened.

Understudy for Bolasie on the left. Looked just what Everton needed to play on the right hand side but too much a luxury as well as Bolasie.

Lookman better at his age than Bolasie was. Seen him live once. He scored. But later in the day when the surprise factor for his pace and shooting accuracy was sussed he hardly got a kick. But that might be because he played for Charlton.

I expected him to go to a PL club last summer and he club loan him back to Charton and he would score a hatful. Neither happened.
I don't think anyone at Charlton could tell you his best position . He played more centrally behind the striker at Millwall the other week and was largely invisible.

I still think he is one of the best players I've seen in the Championship on the strength of one game and highlights on the TV.
league 1 ?

for those of you who have had time to read my ramblings on lower league London football, I may have mentioned this guy as Charltons best player.

That said, for him to go to Everton for 10 million seems a mental amount.

He is decent but gets crowded out of games and is still pretty raw.

Transfer fees are so random these days, some players seem to go for a fortune yet others of similar ability for a tenth of the price.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Charlton will be pleased with that business . Wonder how much value Moyes will get out of the lower leagues if this is an early indicator of the market .

In other Charlton news , despite a new manager , El Hadji Ba is still frozen out of the team .
Might be able to get better bargain the Scottish and Irish leagues, though they will be uncut diamonds for sure

I don't think anyone at Charlton could tell you his best position . He played more centrally behind the striker at Millwall the other week and was largely invisible.

league 1 ?

Charlton were in the Championship last season.

I reckon his best position would be in the hole behind the striker in a 4-4-1-1 but just as good playing wide.

I don't think it is best for young players top go to a top club. They just don't get the experience in the Under 23 sides?

Charlton were in the Championship last season.

I reckon his best position would be in the hole behind the striker in a 4-4-1-1 but just as good playing wide.

I don't think it is best for young players top go to a top club. They just don't get the experience in the Under 23 sides?
he may turn out to be a gem but as you say he is unlikely to get a game with Everton

Looks a good prospect hope he does well. Add Schneiderlein, Van Dijk/CB and a creative LW and we'll do alright 2nd half of the season imo

Van Dijk :lol:

No offence intended but you're looking at 7th at best if lucky and that might not even get a Europa league spot depending on who wins the cups. He'll be looking at the UCL clubs if he leaves.

Alright there's a project at Everton but same as at the clubs above you and the likes of Bournemouth, Leicester, West Brom and Southampton.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks a good prospect hope he does well. Add Schneiderlein, Van Dijk/CB and a creative LW and we'll do alright 2nd half of the season imo
not a hope in hell of signing van dijk mate

Can't imagine yous will spend that much will yous?
I'm still waiting for the 100M yous were meant to spend in the summer with the new owner
I think the money is there but the summer was a mess from start to finish

It took ages getting koeman in

Then the messing about getting a director of football in ( Steve Walsh)

Them aiming to high with our targets (mata , witsel)

Hopefully lesson have been learned and the next 2 windows will be better.

Last edited:
He'll have a breakthrough season and the toffee way will crush his soul and he'll end up absolutely f***ing shite like Rodwell...

Barkley is already 3 stops down this bus line as well.

Never understand why some are so willing to knock younger players. Barkley is very frustrating at the minute as we think he's capable of more and yet his stats are more than good. He's even lost 18 months due to serious injury.

Logon or register to see this image

Never understand why some are so willing to knock younger players. Barkley is very frustrating at the minute as we think he's capable of more and yet his stats are more than good. He's even lost 18 months due to serious injury.

Logon or register to see this image
Barkley has been played out of position for years IMO . He is best playing from deep we're he can try and run the game . He is wasted as a number 10 . Though he does have flaws his confidence is ropey and so is his football brain at times .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back