Ade Edmondson

Currently half way through his autobiography on audiobook and it's a great listen. Very interesting childhood, getting dragged about the world as his father taught armed forces personal kids in school. Rik Mayall tended to be the dominating one in there partnership/ friendship but Ade has had a much more varied career. Off to see him give a talk about his book at the tyne theater next week. Any fans of his on here?
If you go on bbc sounds he did an interview with Richard latto (stereo underground)
Apparently it’s a real eye opener and very moving
I haven’t got round to it yet but definitely will
If you go on bbc sounds he did an interview with Richard latto (stereo underground)
Apparently it’s a real eye opener and very moving
I haven’t got round to it yet but definitely will
Actually I’m mistaken I think he was talking about DID with Lauren laverne

Last edited:

Heard him talking to someone on the radio the other day, might have been Craig Charles. Talked about the first time he met Rik Mayall, how he got into comedy through doing drama at uni and how they found if they just had stupid funny characters they didn't really need to keep thinking of funny storylines.

Think he's class me.

I've always felt he gets a bit pissed off given his body of work interviewers only tend to want to talk about The young ones or Rik Mayall. Can remember him getting interviewed on GMB and in the nicest possible way give the interviewer short shift when he got asked about Mayall. Was along the lines of 'Hes been dead five years, what more do people want me to say?'

Always liked him. He's excellent as the grieving father / villain in the BBC comedy drama thing Back To Life. It's a strong cast in that anyway, but he is a stand out as the straight man in it, well worth a watch.

He was brilliant in Back to Life and also as a properly sinister villain in Save Me. He's a very good villain, essentially.

A few years back we were on the rooftop bar at The Oval and he joined our table. He'd been in the panto down at Canterbury and his mate who was also in the cast was my mate's next door neighbour. Absolutely lovely bloke. Introduced himself as Ade and of course we knew who he was but played it straight which I think he appreciated.

However in the afternoon when some of the lads in the bar were getting pissed up they just kept coming up to him asking him to "do Vivian, do Vivian" every 10 minutes. Or they wanted selfies. He was too polite to say no but that there was the snapshot of what it's like to be famous - feck that!! No way I'd want that publicity and fame. Give me anonymous any day!

Weird that the bbc can’t spell Laverne properly! I mean, ok it’s just a stage name but still…🤣
You'd think it'd be on the BBC dictionary by now. The people running formal social media accounts often demonstrate their ignorance of the subject they are promoting. The SAFC team aren't very good at reading the room. I follow The Kinks and whoever runs their Twitter account is clueless about the music or band members other than Ray and Dave.

Back