Ade Edmondson

Currently half way through his autobiography on audiobook and it's a great listen. Very interesting childhood, getting dragged about the world as his father taught armed forces personal kids in school. Rik Mayall tended to be the dominating one in there partnership/ friendship but Ade has had a much more varied career. Off to see him give a talk about his book at the tyne theater next week. Any fans of his on here?

Currently half way through his autobiography on audiobook and it's a great listen. Very interesting childhood, getting dragged about the world as his father taught armed forces personal kids in school. Rik Mayall tended to be the dominating one in there partnership/ friendship but Ade has had a much more varied career. Off to see him give a talk about his book at the tyne theater next week. Any fans of his on here?
Made my night , i thought he was dead a while back for some reason

He is a very good man in pretty much every sense. Very deep, and quite an emotinal man for obvious reasons.
Known him for the best part of 20 years, and him and his family are properly good people.
His wife and kids are lovely, with no airs and graces.
Few beers, the odd bbq, and many a drunken night.
Good lad.🙂

Never thought much of him either way really, Young Ones and Bottom before my time and never really bothered to explore further.

By coincidence I had Talksport on for a rare occasion in my car during a long drive last week and he was on there being interviewed. Really good interview and seemed a really likeable bloke to the point where I've considered getting his book.

Always like Beattie Edmondson though!

Last edited:
He is a very good man in pretty much every sense. Very deep, and quite an emotinal man for obvious reasons.
Known him for the best part of 20 years, and him and his family are properly good people.
Good lad.🙂

He always comes across very well when on TV and not in character (well, he always comes across well in character but the characters sometimes aren't that nice). I like the fact that he and Jennifer Saunders are still happily married after going on for 40 years. Both seem like good people.

Good lad.🙂
I think he is great. He always come's across as a great bloke. :)

He always comes across very well when on TV and not in character (well, he always comes across well in character but the characters sometimes aren't that nice). I like the fact that he and Jennifer Saunders are still happily married after going on for 40 years. Both seem like good people.

Not even a whiff of scandal about them. Not many celeb marriages as successful as that one

I like the fact that they’re not gushing in the media ( not that they do much media) yet clearly adore each other.

I like the fact that they’re not gushing in the media ( not that they do much media) yet clearly adore each other.

They're from a different era and a different mindset. Being funny was/is far more important than being famous. The rest of the Comic Strip crew were similar, in many ways. TBH, when Dawn French and Lenny Henry split, it seemed to be amicable and very private.

They're from a different era and a different mindset. Being funny was/is far more important than being famous. The rest of the Comic Strip crew were similar, in many ways. TBH, when Dawn French and Lenny Henry split, it seemed to be amicable and very private.

They all seemed to be cracking mates too. He says in his book how his family has been friends with Ben Elton's ans Robbie's Coltrane's ever since that time. He still collaborates with Nigel Planer a lot too.

They all seemed to be cracking mates too. He says in his book how his family has been friends with Ben Elton's ans Robbie's Coltrane's ever since that time. He still collaborates with Nigel Planer a lot too.

Yeah, I think that whole set of 1980s comedians were largely mates. The Not the Nine O'Clock News lot as well. That clearly continued on into the late 80s and early 90s, given Bob and Paul's obvious friendship. TBH, I suspect that, if you were to be born with famous parents, left leaning comedians would be a decent, grounded option. (and before anyone mentions it, Russell Brand isn't remotely left wing)

The Young Ones is slightly before my age group and I always thought Bottom was canny basic but he always comes across as a pleasant likeable fella. Good luck to him. They do seem like a couple you'd like to have a drink with like. Absolutely no edge to them. :cool:

The Young Ones is slightly before my age group and I always thought Bottom was canny basic but he always comes across as a pleasant likeable fella. Good luck to him. They do seem like a couple you'd like to have a drink with like. Absolutely no edge to them. :cool:

Young ones definitely of its time but Bottom more than stands up still today. The two handers they did were comedy genius, only the true greats can do it

Back