Adam Pearson Consortium

I am sure he is a top fella. I am sure he has got backing who is minted. But the fact remains is there has been no contact or offer made to Ellis Short. Just like all the rest before Mr Pearson. Time and time again some rag comes up with the name of a consortium and time and time again after a week or so we stop hearing about it. I just think now is the time for all this daft, unfounded load of bullshit to stop being recycled and to ask Ellis to think about how he intends to take the club forward in the next few years. It began with Fulwell73 and then some Germans last year and now this year some Irish dude with Niall Quinn behind him, them O'Briens and now this.

To be fair we’ve only just been relegated so you wouldn’t expect anything to happen until they was sorted out.

Well no fucker is going to be daft enough to agree to that sort of bullshit.
We'll be in the conference before he agrees to sell sensibly
Then he won't sell.
I suspect Short may well sit on us as an absentee landlord for a very very long time/until someone makes an offer on his terms.
While not pocket change, we're pretty much small-fry in Ellis Short's portfolio.
He's wasted enough time on us but has no burning need to sell. We can rot in the bottom of a cupboard for all he cares, like a discarded antique, until someone matches his valuation.

My heart thinks we are stuck with him for another season yet but my head thinks that if people have gone through due diligence then they must be close enough on the price not to immediately run away.

Then he won't sell.
I suspect Short may well sit on us as an absentee landlord for a very very long time/until someone makes an offer on his terms.
While not pocket change, we're pretty much small-fry in Ellis Short's portfolio.
He's wasted enough time on us but has no burning need to sell. We can rot in the bottom of a cupboard for all he cares, like a discarded antique, until someone matches his valuation.

Only, I imagine, if we’re living within our means. I can’t see him sitting back for years pumping more money in.

I don’t see how we can service our debt for the next few years on our new income. He has to sell, or keep pumping money in.

Well no fucker is going to be daft enough to agree to that sort of bullshit.
We'll be in the conference before he agrees to sell sensibly
I agree we face another relegation, these threads wont change anything I dont expect Bain or anyone wanting to buy our club to disclose their interest publicly due to legalities. These countless thread may provide hope but until our club changes ownership odds are we will struggle in league one as the minimum recruitment will be fourteen players if ES still owns the club we all know that's nil investment in players which means out of contract signings.I said before the season started we would finish bottom of the league and you can check my post without a new owner or investment from ES we will struggle to survive in league one.

In a perfect world that would mean a wealthier consortium has gazumped them .... in the world of SAFC it probably means that due diligence has revealed a scale of financial Armageddon on a completely unprecedented scale which will ensure the club is never sold.

Is it as bad as the movie Armageddon?

I need to know so I can frame exactly how bad a place we are in.

I agree we face another relegation, these threads wont change anything I dont expect Bain or anyone wanting to buy our club to disclose their interest publicly due to legalities. These countless thread may provide hope but until our club changes ownership odds are we will struggle in league one as the minimum recruitment will be fourteen players if ES still owns the club we all know that's nil investment in players which means out of contract signings.I said before the season started we would finish bottom of the league and you can check my post without a new owner or investment from ES we will struggle to survive in league one.
whats the bad news?

Back