Actors doing good accents

I love the way we all think Brits have done great American accents

Yanks probably think Mary Poppins was propa Landan
I remember reading Damson Idris had to go out in South Central LA and not be sussed out that he wasn't from that area never mind that country as part of the audition process.
He's from Peckham I believe.
Excellent portrayal.

Daniel day lewis in, well everything really

His Lincoln is brilliant
TLOTM
Nobody has a clue how Lincoln sounded so that’s a bit of a stretch. He might have been way off the mark.

Not sure why he was doing The Wurzels in LOTM but knowing him he probably did a five year internship in studying 18th century linguistics and elocution followed by a year camping in the woods, shitting in a field and hunting deer with a musket in order to properly prepare for the role, so I suppose sounding like he’s from south west England in colonial north east America might have some merit somewhere.

Nobody has a clue how Lincoln sounded so that’s a bit of a stretch. He might have been way off the mark.

Not sure why he was doing The Wurzels in LOTM but knowing him he probably did a five year internship in studying 18th century linguistics and elocution followed by a year camping in the woods, shitting in a field and hunting deer with a musket in order to properly prepare for the role, so I suppose sounding like he’s from south west England in colonial north east America might have some merit somewhere.

Not a stretch at all to say his performance, Which included his voice, was outstanding. and all sources from the time (and there were many) say he had a high pitch voice with a country twang to it.

In LOTM I never got any Wurzel like but there you go.

Renee Whatsherface in Bridget Jones does a very good English accent.
Cillian Murphy was a decent brummy in Peakies
Was it knackers!

The problem with the Brummie and Geordie accents is they’ve been done so badly so often on TV that that is now how people think the accent actually is.

From the off, one of the major criticisms of Peaky Blinders was just how bad the attempts at the accents were across the board, then the characters kicked in and it got forgotten as the storyline gripped you.

Was it knackers!

The problem with the Brummie and Geordie accents is they’ve been done so badly so often on TV that that is now how people think the accent actually is.

From the off, one of the major criticisms of Peaky Blinders was just how bad the attempts at the accents were across the board, then the characters kicked in and it got forgotten as the storyline gripped you.
Orl roit mate.
Gow and have a kipper tie and calm down.😉

From his wiki and Bale himself:

"Christian Charles Philip Bale[2] was born on 30 January 1974 in Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, to English parents—Jenny James, a circus performer, and David Bale, an entrepreneur and activist.[3][4][5] Bale has remarked, "I was born in Wales but I'm not Welsh—I'm English."

Well how about that.
Mind you, I have an old friend who was born in Cyprus but I don't think he necessarily considers himself a Cypriot

Damien Lewis..I think hes played more americans than british people!
Some of the cast of Band of Brothers apparently asked him why he was speaking in a British accent after filming - was he practising for a new role? :lol:

I’ve always been very impressed with Jodie Comer’s accents. She switched between a few on the fly in Killing Eve.

I have just discovered about 10 minutes ago while watching what we do in the shadows that Benedict Wong is British , from Eccles of all places, I just assumed he was Asian american

Back