1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A19

Discussion in 'SMB' started by gods_homeboy, Dec 11, 2016.

1. PTR

PTR Striker

Slow down for Testos - 10 min crawl
    Slow down for Tunnel - 15 min crawl
    Don't even speed up for Silverlink - 10 min crawl

It never ends. I doubt I'll ever get to drive to work without some roadworks in place - but then again, what's the alternative? We can't just not upgrade.
    The answer is to forecast and upgrade BEFORE it will cause a significant impact, not when things are already dire.

lambro and Maxnormal like this.
  2. walesie

walesie Striker

Wont be this year mate, start of works won't be until 19/20. Is your matevin leeds?

3. weebil64

weebil64 Winger

Noise reduction barrier and new lighting going in at Peterlee. Or is it just an attempt to hide Peterlee?

Morse and lambro like this.
  4. PTR

PTR Striker

Is that what they're doing?
    The natural barrier is terrible and could easily be improved by planting a load more trees on the grass along the "Black Path" (from the Flyover Roundabout to the Black Bull pub).

Shame, as more trees there would help to stop that grassland from flooding all the time too.

5. weebil64

weebil64 Winger

Know this is the work, do not know what design the barrier will take.

PTR likes this.

6. They’ve done exactly the opposite of this. Cut down all trees on that stretch. Presumably for some monstrosity of a barrier to go in

PTR likes this.
  7. Hongkongphooey

Hongkongphooey Striker

This, they’re supposed to be putting up a sound reducing barrier, it’ll look terrible

8. PTR

PTR Striker

Fucks sake

9. Kevj

Kevj Winger

I saw some outrageous road rage today. Coming onto the A19 Northbound at Wolverston, I saw what I initially thought was a driver of a white van throw a can out of the window, only for it to hit another white van windscreen behind.

They were a few cars ahead, so I didn't have the best view. On the slip road, the front van hoyed allsorts out of the window back-over which kept hitting the other van. On the A19, the rear van managed to pull onto the outside lane first, but the arsehole in front side swiped into the front of him, basically barging their way in front. This tit for tat went on all the way to the A690 roundabout where the arsehole pulled off. I passed the rear van and his front end was hanging off.

The arsehole driver pulled up at the lights at the Doxy/ A690 junction in the middle lane then cut across some poor sod in a mini, almost taking the front of that car off too.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the driver was pissed.

10. castoff

castoff Winger

Anyone else noticed those temporary camera/light thingys (whatever they are) on the bridges overlooking the carriageway towards teesside on the A19 and also A174? Noticed them today on way into work. Anyone know what they are?

11. Sven

Sven Goalkeeper

ANPR cameras

castoff likes this.
  12. Not to mention the amount of tyre mashing potholes the recent bout of bad weather has caused.

13. Hebdomad

Hebdomad Goalkeeper

Something about the A19 makes people drive like right wankers.

14. Is it only at rush hour?

I’ve never had an issue (touch wood).

15. Hebdomad

Hebdomad Goalkeeper

I tend to avoid it. Something about Audis and the A19.

Why does owning a mid range German car turn people into psychotic maniacs on a busy dual carriage way?

lambro likes this.
  16. PTR

PTR Striker

Just drove past the works at Peterlee. Looks like they're leaving the trees on the other side of the fence alone, and digging in foundations for a wall of some kind on the roadside. Not a terrible idea tbh, I wouldn't want to live in those houses that face the traffic.

17. hungrymackem

hungrymackem Goalkeeper

Yeah - I spotted them this evening, ANPR was my gues too.

18. Amnorrageordie

Amnorrageordie Midfield

Allreet Trev?

19. 5g transmitters iirc, same as gateshead.

20. hungrymackem

hungrymackem Goalkeeper

At least I was OK, I had my foil hat (and facemask) on when I drove past them, that would stop them seeing my number plate :D:D