A19

Driving along it this morning. Fella in a silver Micra, he must have been in his 40s so not old. Everyone braking hard to avoid him as I’d guess he was doing 30-40mph in a 70.

People really are as thick as pig shit. There’s been a 50 limit going north for two days because of resurfacing. Now it’s finished and the 50 limit signs have gone.

Yet still they drive at 50 for no reason. And in the outside lane as well.

Just before the services there were some short corkscrew skid marks and a mid sized VW van on it's roof. I don't know how the fuck he did it but he was sat on the barrier with the copper laughing. Lucky bastard.

Impressive

Just before the services there were some short corkscrew skid marks and a mid sized VW van on it's roof. I don't know how the fuck he did it but he was sat on the barrier with the copper laughing. Lucky bastard.
car in front suddenly stopped as the car in front of him did, so instead of going in the back of the car he tried to skid out the way when he hit the grass it flipped him.

Bet it looked like someone had come to a sudden halt in his pants as well.

Not just there - I joined the A19 in Sunderland and there was a queue southbound not moving as far north as the A1231 and there wasn’t a single car travelling northbound until Testos.
I live in West Yorks nowadays but do a lot of work in South Durham and Teesside still. Mainly because my old mam is ailing. There's issues down where I live regularly with the M62 but the A66/A19 triangle are horrendous.

When one goes down the whole place goes down for 3 or 4 hours.

Back