A19 RTC incident watch.

Accident on the 690 on way to town just before the A19 turn off as well at the same time.

coming South just after 7.00 pm last night I was turning off to go to Durham so didn’t get held up but it looked bad , then came round onto the A690 and there were four or five cars involved in a shunt heading east .

Never seen so many blue lights for a long time.

Sounds like they weren’t gritted properly

Durham Council always get caught out though I bet the city is fine ahead of the xmas market starting today. Someone who works at the village petrol station said they didn't see a gritter between 9pm-7am overnight, glad I'm at home today not a chance I'd have got to Middlesbrough.

Tyne Tunnel Had a truck come down the wrong Tunnel this morning ,he came down the Northbound side ,traffic at a standstill as they closed the tunnels off and got him southbound 🤣

Durham Council always get caught out though I bet the city is fine ahead of the xmas market starting today. Someone who works at the village petrol station said they didn't see a gritter between 9pm-7am overnight, glad I'm at home today not a chance I'd have got to Middlesbrough.
Durham was always crap for gritting anywhere other than the centre of durham - i used to work in Esh winning and it was a lottery during winter driving from penshaw. The worst was 2 and a half hours to drive 17 miles.

Son travels from Hartlepool to Silverlink every day then he goes to jobs all ower Northumberland. He sets off early. Today he saw two crashes before he got to the A19 then was stuck northbound. After 90 minutes he turned off at Peterlee and came home.
He’s been doing it for fifteen years, says today was bad.

Being a bit pedantic but don't think DCC are responsible for gritting the A19,.
That said other roads were poor this morning

Back