A19 RTC incident watch.

A19 northbound Tees flyover closed!

Emergency services are currently dealing with a multiple vehicle collision on the A19 northbound near the Norton entry slip (after the Portrack slip onto the A19)

The Tees flyover northbound is currently closed; please avoid the area, seeking alternative routes while we deal with the situation.

Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.

Wow that's bad. Hate driving that A19 down to Boro on a morning. Glad I'm only in the office three days a week now, just an awful commute
Another accident
Multi vehicle RTC on the A19 southbound Tees flyover.

Lane 1 is blocked with glass and debris in lane 2.
I drove past that going southbound, must have happened literally minutes before, looked terrible. There was a bloke lying on the road beside his car.

A19 Northbound - collision
A19 Southbound - broken down vehicle

Seems to be a regular occurrence that there’s an incident on that road (both directions) nowadays.

Whereabouts on A19?
Northbound was just after A690 I believe (near Houghton/Penshaw area).

Southbound as @bernardbresslaw said.
I've been at the Wolviston turn off for an hour and a half, total gridlock.
Had to cancel my meeting.

Norton southbound.
I was fortunate enough to spot a warning about an hour delay before hitting it so took the exit for Hartlepool services - managed to get into work at Stockton about half an hour late.

Some are still stuck and set off before me this morning. Nightmare.

Car parked on the central reservation just after the slip road onto the 19 from Seaham, traffic backed right up through Seaham.

Is it normaly bad around there early doors mate, im moving to Stockton road in 2 weeks
that is one road that would be a right ball ache to live on I’ll be honest, my mate moved from further up in seaton about a year ago and he said it’s class not to spend his life at them lodge lights. Nice houses though.

It’s particularly bad today due to crash but it’s really busy on a morning and about 4/5 ish.

Back