A19 RTC incident watch.

Two police cars stopping a lane northbound. The red car was into the central barrier southbound, but not bad enough to cause an obstruction in the northbound lane. Wonder if it’s H&S or something? Not wanting traffic bombing past at up to 70mph whilst emergency crews are work yards away?

Saw an air ambulance in the field on the southbound side too, but that seemed “parked up” rather than reacting to injuries.
In the Echo that a woman suffered a "medical episode" at the wheel. I'd post a link but that's pretty much all it says.

Enforcement or lack of is due to the number of police, so the only way this can be improved is if they find other means of enforcement, i.e. technology, cameras etc.

I’m sure there was a police force down with who had mounted cameras on HGVs to spy on drivers using their phones from an elevated position.

Whatever it will be, there’s little deterrent at the minute with the exception of average speed zones.

Obviously no bucket in the back.
Unmarked police cars with all round cameras would more than pay for themselves by simply driving around. They would catch all the drivers taking the piss ignoring signs, road markings, driving dangerously, the road rage knackers or owt else that drivers do such as the self entitled who park anywhere they want or block paths.

As has been said, because there's little deterrent then people don't drive like they should. A few fines starting from £100 upwards and minimum 3 points would change the attitude of drivers over the coming years, possibly quicker. If drivers don't know that the car in front or behind them is actually watching how they drive then they may not be as much of a wanker when driving.

I think most on here see a few of the people even on the drive to work. I could probably earn a £1,000 in a hour with £100 fines for drivers being knackers in one way or another. Would make a fortune driving past schools anarl :lol:

Two police cars stopping a lane northbound. The red car was into the central barrier southbound, but not bad enough to cause an obstruction in the northbound lane. Wonder if it’s H&S or something? Not wanting traffic bombing past at up to 70mph whilst emergency crews are work yards away?

Saw an air ambulance in the field on the southbound side too, but that seemed “parked up” rather than reacting to injuries.
I must have just made it through before the police got there, just the highways lads there with their cones around 17:00
Eventually got off the A19 then got stuck for 20 mins at Dalton Park because of a broken down van, nearly 40 minutes for a 10 min journey :lol:

I must have just made it through before the police got there, just the highways lads there with their cones around 17:00
Eventually got off the A19 then got stuck for 20 mins at Dalton Park because of a broken down van, nearly 40 minutes for a 10 min journey :lol:
Think we added about 40mins coming up from Malton. Apart from nearly pissing me pants (Easington Services was like a mirage) just hope everybody is ok.

Been stuck in five jams due to crashes since the beginning of September. You see people driving like knobheads on a daily basis, that coupled with the road not being fit for purpose given the volume of traffic its a recipe for carnage.
There was a big one yesterday as well on the A689 junction.
Played an ace with that one and came off at Norton.

A19 northbound Tees flyover closed!

Emergency services are currently dealing with a multiple vehicle collision on the A19 northbound near the Norton entry slip (after the Portrack slip onto the A19)

The Tees flyover northbound is currently closed; please avoid the area, seeking alternative routes while we deal with the situation.

Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.
Took me around 90 minutes to get from Stockton to Wolviston yesterday afternoon.
Wow that's bad. Hate driving that A19 down to Boro on a morning. Glad I'm only in the office three days a week now, just an awful commute
Another accident
Multi vehicle RTC on the A19 southbound Tees flyover.

Lane 1 is blocked with glass and debris in lane 2.

Last edited:
No where near A19 but the A167 roundabout in Durham next park and ride and the hospital there was the remains of a Nissan juke in a ditch yesterday after. All the doors and roof had been cut off. Looked very bad. Hope whoever was in it is ok. Looked like a child seat in the back as well so hope to god there wasn’t a child in the back. 😞😞

Back