A1 Northbound closed

from reading the bbc one of the cylinders has ruptured and they're just having to let it all leak away till empty as it's the safest thing to do. sounds as though it's a tube trailer. i've no doubt there will be a full enquiry. if everything's not in order someone will get royally shafted.
i remember a few years back a certain company left a trail of phenol on the seal sands road and that was found out to be the result of poor maintenance.
this is just the musings of someone who doesn't know exactly why it's happened and it could have been something you can't factor for.

Glad I only go as far as team valley southbound then back northbound sounds like going to be a nightmare.

Good job its half term!

Was class for me getting on the A1 from the 1231. Sailed through and didn't even have to use my morning cheats.

Ah the old "bomb down the outside lane and take a sharp turn at Arnold Clarks" trick eh?

I used to get wound up by people doing it, but as theres nothing to say you cant I do it every morning.
Get the odd beep or people not letting you in, but that's it.

35 minutes door to door Fulwell to Blaydon for me every day. Daft o’clock like.
Normally about 40 mins for me.
Ah the old "bomb down the outside lane and take a sharp turn at Arnold Clarks" trick eh?

I used to get wound up by people doing it, but as theres nothing to say you cant I do it every morning.
Get the odd beep or people not letting you in, but that's it.
Aye. The way I see it is if everyone sat in the left hand lane it would be backed all the way to the galleries.

Also depending on how slow the A1 is I stay in the left and down to the 167 then across the roundabout back on to the A1 at the angel.

Last edited:

Back