A1 Northbound closed

At the back of Washington services north, is a short footpath that links Penshaw View.

If someone knocked down a fence panel you could use this to join/leave the A1 in an emergency.

.... or when you wished to display twattish behaviour
most services have another way in/out, usually from a back road for the emergency services.

Diversions in place to avoid the A1 apparently, doesn’t help those who are actually on the A1 though. :lol:
Luckily enough I pass quite early so the traffic hasn’t built up, pretty much stuck if you don’t come off at Chester and head up through birtley High street or through Ouston

I got kicked off and had to go off and past the angel and Harlow Green. Back on at Sainsbury’s Team Valley. Must be a big incident.

I came in the opposite direction, the traffic was solid from durham road birtley all the way back to team valley and beyond. Avoid that detour.
Ok north bound.

Fell from the bridge and taken to hospital with serious but not life-threatening injuries apparently.
How did they not have time to install fall protection measures like inflatable mattresses in the 10 hours he was on the bridge and the road was closed?

Back