A quiet pint on your own

I love it but it seems to be frowned upon for women.

I was meeting a mate for drinks and there was a problem with the metro doors opening so I waited about 45 minutes for her to show up. Sat with my pint and twice I was asked if I’d been stood up 🤣

I thought you liked a slurp on your own in the cooper rose while watching the buses go past iirc there ?Seemed to be enjoying yersel from memory there mate
You worry me lad 😊
That's my one exception when I've left the lads match day and my bus is a while, I walk back and grab a whisky coke. Spoons is great for that cos it's a solo drinker hotspot .
I did the same on a solo motorbike trip to Oban . Sat In spoons. Local pubs looked way better but I just can't do the solo thing .

Right kind of pub, at the right time, it's a pleasure. Quiet pint, sitting and thinking or just relaxing, the hubbub of everything else going on around. For me, has to be a proper pubby pub, and afternoon to about half-six feels right. Sitting alone in a city centre pub on an evening would feel weird..

Right kind of pub, at the right time, it's a pleasure. Quiet pint, sitting and thinking or just relaxing, the hubbub of everything else going on around. For me, has to be a proper pubby pub, and afternoon to about half-six feels right. Sitting alone in a city centre pub on an evening would feel weird..
You're 100% correct. Sitting in a random slug and lettuce is the pits. Sitting outdoors at the trafalgar tavern on the cutty sark in summer or by the fire in winter. That's the ticket.

Couldn't do a full session but often have the odd pint if out shopping on me own. Sometimes have the odd one pre or post match, often in Vaux, depending on timing, mates plans etc.

Did it as a lad and still prefer it as an old git. Could be The Copt, The Burn, The Mill, Wild Boar, Brit, Ramside, Tramcar, Blandford.
I know loads of folk but still like a quiet pint on my own! 😊🍺

Is it all it’s cracked up to be or overrated.

Got a rare night by myself as I came home from sister in laws to have the pets overnight. They have been walked and fed so are sorted.

Tempted to have a wander into town and have a couple of beers and soak up the atmosphere of Boxing Day as a bit of a novelty.

Alternatively I’ve got beer in the house and could order a curry with the football.

Decisions, decisions
The latter sound much better to me like

Never enjoyed drinking alone in a pub
Never that desperate for a pint
I like company and I don't do the stranger bar crack stuff

It's not desperate for a pint. You've said that as people have problems.

Nothing at all wrong with having a pint on your own, especially after a tough day or just to reflect and gather thoughts.

You don't have to talk to there. It's just nice time on your own.

It's not desperate for a pint. You've said that as people have problems.

Nothing at all wrong with having a pint on your own, especially after a tough day or just to reflect and gather thoughts.

You don't have to talk to there. It's just nice time on your own.
Yeah ,I know plenty drink alone ,I've seen them .No one mentioned " problems "
For some it is a need for a drink, for some it's time out
You can do both elsewhere too .To me a pub means ,beer ,friends ,bit crack on . I've never needed a pub for anything else .
I get down time alone to reflect ,think ,chill.

Last edited:
Doesn;t bother me at all.

Quite often go up to Concord by myself a go from pub to pub and call in at betting shop whilst touring.
Concord is class for that.
GMT+1

Watching the world while sutting outside a bar in Málaga. A bit colder than the last few days but still a pleasant and sunny 16C, even if the locals are dressed up in their fur coats as if they were on an arctic expedition.
Doing exactly the same a few hundred miles north.

Back