A quiet pint on your own

MonkeyLove

Striker
Is it all it’s cracked up to be or overrated.

Got a rare night by myself as I came home from sister in laws to have the pets overnight. They have been walked and fed so are sorted.

Tempted to have a wander into town and have a couple of beers and soak up the atmosphere of Boxing Day as a bit of a novelty.

Alternatively I’ve got beer in the house and could order a curry with the football.

Decisions, decisions

Never enjoyed drinking alone in a pub
Never that desperate for a pint
I like company and I don't do the stranger bar crack stuff

Got a rare night by myself as I came home from sister in laws to have the pets overnight. They have been walked and fed so are sorted.

Tempted to have a wander into town and have a couple of beers and soak up the atmosphere of Boxing Day as a bit of a novelty.

Alternatively I’ve got beer in the house and could order a curry with the football.

Decisions, decisions

Take the dogs in the pub, preferably one that serves food.

I'd have a few in the house and watch the matches that are on.

I prefer pints on my own when in unfamiliar territory. If I did it at home I'd probably end up drinking with people I wouldn't want to.

At this time of night it's crap. Through the day it can be ideal.
I'd say in the main this is correct (well not that I'd say its crap, but before evening is a lot better). I'd not be going to a busy bar on my one if an evening, especially on a weekend, but could happily bed down in a cosy local type place that's isn't rowdy.

Not so much now but did it plenty years ago.

Most mates I did drink with moved away anyway so it never really bothered me. After a couple I'd probably bump into someone I knew anyway.

Decisions, decisions
Each time that I go out to drink on my own, or with the dog, I tend to speak with a lot of people.

One of the best Christmas times for me on a selfish level was when the boss was ill for a few days and I had to walk the dog to the pub. It’s better in the afternoon/early evening.

On an evening in town I can’t imagine it being much kop.

Plus you’ll be one of the only people doing it and you’ll scare people you think you’re a pure freak.

Used to do it when I was younger but wouldn't do it now, I don't think.
I've got a summerhouse in the garden so if I want to be on my own for a beer I go down there and just chill. I think I'd feel conspicuous in a pub.

Back