A Question of Guitar

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd avoid Oasis AND f***ing heavy metal. Tbe Beatles are better for beginners and you can actually enjoy the learning process.

Not sure I'd put The Beatles that far above Oasis for practicing your strumming as a beginner. Beatles might be the next step for an Oasis fan after learning their favourite Oasis songs.

I agree that Heavy Metal technique is pretty much only useful for Heavy Metal guitarists though. Well, them and possibly flamenco and jazz manouche guitarists (see Rodrigo e Gabriela - began playing in metal bands before making their careers in flamenco iirc? and also see Les Doigts de l'Homme for a French gypsy jazz band with metal links).

;)
Arent oasis a Beatles tribute act?

No, they ripped everyone off, not just the Beatles.

Not sure I'd put The Beatles that far above Oasis for practicing your strumming as a beginner. Beatles might be the next step for an Oasis fan after learning their favourite Oasis songs.

I agree that Heavy Metal technique is pretty much only useful for Heavy Metal guitarists though. Well, them and possibly flamenco and jazz manouche guitarists (see Rodrigo e Gabriela - began playing in metal bands before making their careers in flamenco iirc? and also see Les Doigts de l'Homme for a French gypsy jazz band with metal links).

My point was you can actually enjoy the music whilst playing along with the Beatles. ;)

In fact, let's have a bit of Les Doigts De l'Homme 'cos they're f***ing mental and ridiculous musicians...

My point was you can actually enjoy the music whilst playing along with the Beatles. ;)

Hahaha fair enough. In that case I agree wholeheartedly. :lol:

Did @tunstall birdman write that post for you?

Playing rhythm guitar is like making love to a beautiful w......
Strum a little love on her heart strings
Pluck a little kiss on her cheek
Acoustic echos of panting desire
In her ears it rings.
She wants to grip my shaft firm
Run her fingers up and down
Find a new tune in this old instrument
The tune of soulful lovemaking she'll learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back