A little self pitying indulgence, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a really hard time Janey and one that you think will never end. Believe me it will, think of the great times that you had with your dad and try not to think of the bad. It's not easy but it will get better. 5 years on and I can now think of the stupid stuff and even smile about it . My dad could be a right old sod at times, but I find that laughable now, I still miss him but in a good way now.
Time is a great healer but we're all impatient, the best I can offer you is have a good cry when you really need to, but try to think of something funny or daft that he did and try to laugh through the tears.
It will get better but it'll never be the same but then nothing ever is.
Big internet hugs flower, chin up and smile

I was trying to write something to say just this, I'd had about 5 attempts and each was either miserable or horribly OTT, so well done. It's exactly how it is. So Janey, cry as much as you want but keep in mind that remarkably and I still don't really know how or why, it does get easier. Me Mam died 7 years ago and I managed to get over it somehow and I'm an absolute hopeless case and it was something I dreaded for years. Dig in. Keep ya chin up. It'll be tough for a while yet but, remember the good times. Those memories are real and never fade.

One of the memories I hold for Mothers Day is me and me Mam playing football at half time on FA Cup final day in about 1976 on the grass verge in the front street. I always raise a glass to me Mams second goal even if I'm sure it was offside! I loved her dearly and I still miss her so much, but I consider myself so fortunate that I had 42 years with her at my side.

And I'm typing that with tears streaming down me face.

Good luck

Nothing I can post will make it ok.
Sending love and kind thoughts to you and your family Janey.

As much of a terrible clichè that it is, time helps.
Be strong and lean on your friends and family.

X

Lost my old man 22 years ago, when I was 23. The biggest mistake I made was my not sharing my pain and having moments of self-pitying indulgence. It's part of the healing and acceptance process. You've got hundreds of friends on here who, like me, haven't even met you, but you're one of us - share away. At it's heart this place is so much more than a place for people to correct grammar, say unintelligible things like SEB, Thor and Herring, and to wonder what happened to Ben Greenhaugh.
Sending internet love. So to speak. x

:lol:
Under his breath probably, He never ever swore, until last Sunday, and I’m saying this to you because you’ll know who I mean, he said ‘where is the other little bugger” :)
Indeed.. thinking of you and your mam today. I'm sure you'll both smash it in your own way. Having it on a Saturday seems very appropriate x

Just read your newspaper notice and realise it's next week, even more appropriate :cool:

Last edited:
Dreading this time tbh. Obvious i guess.
Mind daughters best mate lost her mam at 11 3 year back, fecking awful!

Chin up Janey, he couldnt have had a more loving girl it seems.

Yep, a home game :) x

Missing it but on the last/first of the year (which is it?) game, he’ll have my thoughts.

Very obvious you were a Daddy's girl Janey and that glows in his face. So sorry for your loss, but on the other hand you will never lose all your precious memories you had together.

Take care and a big bear hug from a fella you've never met from Barnsley but touched my heart and lots of others.

RIP

Logon or register to see this image

What a belter this picture is!!!

:lol:
Very obvious you were a Daddy's girl Janey and that glows in his face. So sorry for your loss, but on the other hand you will never lose all your precious memories you had together.

Take care and a big bear hug from a fella you've never met from Barnsley but touched my heart and lots of others.

RIP

Logon or register to see this image

What a belter this picture is!!!

Reminds me of when we nicked my mates dads pipe n went to ibiza.
Every fecker was raving, we were drinking cans n smoking his pipe on the beach!:lol:

Can I add my condolences Janey. I’ve not been on here for a while and this was such sad news to come back to.
I’ve said before he was one of the greatest men I’ve never met. And that was from the things you said, how you described him and the relationship you had.
I’m genuinely sad. For you, for your loss and even for my loss. I used to think about him, how he dealt with things and your wonderful family despite his situation.

To Janey’s Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back