A Levels

• Thread starter Deleted member 44322
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universities are offering unconditionals to younger students.

Not out of a spirit of generosity either.

The lesser unis are scared shitless of underrecruiting, and missing out on those £9Ks per year.
To me it's another effect of "competition". Less cool places attract less students, even if they do good teaching
. But the economies of those towns rely more on the University being healthy. Shrinking students will mean less local jobs and destroy local economies. How often has competition actually helped things

when is this exactly? 3 quid drinks, fiver entry. that has a hungover friday written all over it.

i did biology, physics, eng lang, sports and business at AS. dropped eng lang for a2. at the time it was f***ing solid. now id happily go back to 5.5 days a week at school, dinner made for me etc.

i did that and the ***** took a mark off me 😂

She could lose a few and still maintain an A so worth it I suppose

Congratulations Little Miss Epping !

And congratulations to @Epping as well. From seeing his spelling on here, who would have thought that his daughter would get on an English Literature degree at a good university !
Congratulations to the lass, you must be proud as fcuk

2 A's, 2 B's for me. Back in 2000 when they were git tough an that
This, I did maths, chemistry and physics in 1990 and they were much harder than GCSE. The kids did A levels a few years back and certainly for the maths and chemistry the standards seemed higher than when I did them.

Further maths this year was apparently very tough as there was too much of a gap in expectations between A Levels and 1st year of uni.

So a lot that were going to uni couldn't hack it

Last edited:
Granddaughter has just rang to say she got A* physics, A* maths and A applied maths. Off to Southampton Uni. We're off to post a card and some pennies,
She was the one, 3 years old, who found one of her drawings crumpled up in the waste bin and said..."Who the fuck put that in there???!

😂😂😂

Well done to all the A level students today.

A levels are harder than they have ever been thanks to Michael Goves meddling and interfering.

Niece just found out her's. A* Sociology, A * psychology, A English. Off to Durham. Very proud of her, really put the work in and pleased for my sister who home schooled her (well to be fair my niece probably schooled herself :) ) at secondary school level due to anxiety problems at school, really come out of her shell now though.

She is out partying all the time but does knuckle down when needed.

Did the same in gcse's

100% at history and the school bought the paper back to use as a text book piece

Fuck know where she gets it from cos it's not me or her mam
The Au Pair.

Haway, someone's kids must've had a shocker?

They will have, but they just don’t post on here. Same with jobs and houses and that.

You can get the impression everyone on here drives a BMW, has a 250,000 detached house, works in senior management and has bairns at Durham, Edinburgh etc.

This is why people who use Insta and Facey all the time develop complexes because you’re bombarded with successful wealthy people because they’re the most vocal...you don’t hear about the young lad who got BCC and is going to Leeds Met, because his parents don’t post it online.

Granddaughter has just rang to say she got A* physics, A* maths and A applied maths. Off to Southampton Uni. We're off to post a card and some pennies,
She was the one, 3 years old, who found one of her drawings crumpled up in the waste bin and said..."Who the fuck put that in there???!
She will go far this one! 👏 :lol:

They will have, but they just don’t post on here. Same with jobs and houses and that.

You can get the impression everyone on here drives a BMW, has a 250,000 detached house, works in senior management and has bairns at Durham, Edinburgh etc.

This is why people who use Insta and Facey all the time develop complexes because you’re bombarded with successful wealthy people because they’re the most vocal...you don’t hear about the young lad who got BCC and is going to Leeds Met, because his parents don’t post it online.

My mates son is going to Oxford Brooke's to do sports science with something like bcc.. it's plastered all over facebook.

My mates son is going to Oxford Brooke's to do sports science with something like bcc.. it's plastered all over facebook.

In the main though, those with the most to shout about, shout more and shout louder.

It’s fairly well-documented that this is the case and why social media has a recognised negative impact on mental health.

Going by this thread so far everyone is getting A* and going to top-tier universities.

It’s not a criticism, people are proud, and their bairns have worked very hard.

Things can also be very fake on Facebook. Someone I know posted about being so proud of their child today and that it was now official they were going to University. Cue loads of "well done" and "amazing" comments. What had been failed to mention was that the grades weren't great one was a U) and that the unconditional offer from said Uni had been recieved weeks ago. Boils my piss !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back