A Levels

• Thread starter Deleted member 44322
  • Start date
Missed her A* in English Lit by 1 mark.. she is gutted despite her other results

Can she not appeal? They usually find a mark. Think it costs about £20 mind
Apprenctiship or uni
Just been told her school are asking for remark on daughters English.. tbf it's her strongest subject and only 1 mark off a*

Have no significance to daughter going to Uni but school obviously want it for their stats

Ah just seen this.

She is going to be studying English literature ranked #1 at present in UK for English.

Career path who bloody knows

Good degree from good university helps open doors..

Get some decent internships and then who knows.

Just had a friend's daughter on a 6 week intern at Schroders in London and got paid 6k for it
Congratulations Little Miss Epping !

And congratulations to @Epping as well. From seeing his spelling on here, who would have thought that his daughter would get on an English Literature degree at a good university !

You only need 55% to get an A. Doesnt sound much to me (not that I ever did them like).

Just wondering what the point of them is now, seeing as you can get unconditional offers from University's without them knowing your final A Level grades?

I'm sure this has been said in the thread, but the reason it's 55% for an A in Maths (I think) is down to how every student scores overall. I think in previous years it was 61%
They only set the grades after finding out how everyone has scored.

Apprenctiship or uni
Just been told her school are asking for remark on daughters English.. tbf it's her strongest subject and only 1 mark off a*

Have no significance to daughter going to Uni but school obviously want it for their stats

Year off then uni next year she’s working now, couldn’t get which course she wanted for uni this year

I always advise kids coming through that the GCSEs only matter to get you into doing your Alevels, your Alevels only matter to get you in for your degree and your degree only matters to get you into your career. If you pick something that doesn't really have that last step then you need to reconsider your path. That's the advice I wish someone had told me rather than being pushed towards a degree regardless.
That has always been my view.

Off to london a-levels party..

Tiger tiger

Fiver in and £3 drinks all nighy
when is this exactly? 3 quid drinks, fiver entry. that has a hungover friday written all over it.

i did biology, physics, eng lang, sports and business at AS. dropped eng lang for a2. at the time it was f***ing solid. now id happily go back to 5.5 days a week at school, dinner made for me etc.
Apprenctiship or uni

i did that and the ***** took a mark off me 😂

Back