A Levels today

I’ve just seen on the news the algorithm was based on cohort.

So some people have been marked down from an A to a C in maths but kept their A in further maths :lol:

Did no one sense check these

It said on news 40% of the kids got downgraded using this wonderful scheme. The appeal system which should sort it all out isn't up and running yet. Another complete fook up by the Government.

I’m not a big fan of formal education and I think qualifications, unless your a doctor etc are essentially worthless, but this is scandalous. People dropping from As to Es! It’s monstrous. You’re literally going from a place at York, Manchester, Durham to struggling to get into Sunderland, Bradford, Huddersfield etc.
boy did good. B. B. C

NOW DECIDED TO WORK INSTEAD OF UNI. good decision. But pleased for him. He worked hard.
Good lad. Get in a trade would be my advice.
Thought students loved BBC?

Last edited:
If you have a son/daughter and they are not happy. Appeal immediately. Major issues with the overalls and how they have been awarded. Seems to be very school specific.
Amend that to 'appeal when you can because this shower of utter incompetents don't even have the f***ing appeals process in place yet, and won't until next week.'

Is appalling.

Its shocking looking at some of this, incompetent wankers. My Daughter gets her results next week and i’m dreading it

There is clearly a few standout cases where they’ve massive f**k!d up. However, for the most part, teachers do over estimate predicted grades in normal times never mind covid.

Back