A Levels today

Anyone else taking their son or daughter today, good luck. We’re at Durham 6th form some time after 8 this morning for the pick up. Didn’t realise but at 8, the kids can see if they got in the first choice Uni, that’s what my daughter doing before we go for the results. Good luck again anyone doing the same today.

Good luck to the pupils involved and of course their parents- a stressful day day but remember there are always other options so take a breath if the results are not what was hoped for.

Fingers crossed 🤞

Aye, could be chaos, my lad got what he expected in 2 of his subjects. However, in his main one, biology, which he's go As & Bs throughout 6th Form, he's been marked as a D ??????

Off to Durham 6th Form now with Little Miss DaveyC. If She doesn't get her predicted grades there'll be hell on. Wish me/her luck.

Anyone else taking their son or daughter today, good luck. We’re at Durham 6th form some time after 8 this morning for the pick up. Didn’t realise but at 8, the kids can see if they got in the first choice Uni, that’s what my daughter doing before we go for the results. Good luck again anyone doing the same today.

Yeah, I checked mine as soon as I could when I got mine and saw my first choice had confirmed my offer.

Took the anxiety away for the rest of the morning.
Off to Durham 6th Form now with Little Miss DaveyC. If She doesn't get her predicted grades there'll be hell on. Wish me/her luck.

Is there not an expectation on Universities being more flexible this time? That's if she's planning on going.

He will and should be able to appeal.

Going to be absolute carnage this
Yeah, just spoke him again, obviously they have phoned/texted around everyone else, and even the head boffin of biology (Asian lad obviously) has come away with a C, and the boffin, never really dropped below a B, nearly all A's. His parents are going ballistic apparently, other subjects seem fair and across the board, but the biology, has got everyone scratching their heads.

What's the point in the teachers giving their opinion for a grade if they are then just changing them anyway?! If they knew they were going to be downgraded they may have started higher!

All a bit of a farce, unfair on the students and unnecessary. It's not their fault they couldn't take the exam. And as had been pointed out, most do better in the final exams than they have done throughout the two years.

Good luck all. I thought A-levels were harder than than a degree.

My lass and her son are also going down to Durham this morning to get his.
Good luck to the Durham 6th form students. It's a good college. My eldest went there and did her A levels last year. I'm so glad we haven't got the uncertainty of this year but to those who don't get what they want the vast majority will find a way though the various appeals and clearing options and end up with something they are happy with.

Back