A healthy, cheap, tasty meal.

• Thread starter Beefy Monster Munch
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cod and kale. Seriously my favourite meal ever.

Full packet of cod (170g..it says 2 portions but thats bull) in some tin foil, add on 15g organic butter as if it was a turkey, add parsley and garlic (I use granulated - not the salt - but only cos I have it in bulk at the mo). Make ya parcel up as normal and shot in the oven.

Nowt fancy needed with the kale just put however much you want in a microwaveable tub and a tablespoon of water then blast, drain and serve.

Macros for that (I use around 70g kale)

343 cals, 56g protein, 13g fat and 1g carbs

You can skip the butter if you really must but it does taste nicer or use something like coconut oil if you just dont want to use butter.

I love PB but my little un is allergic !! Nightmare.

Is is just peanuts? Dunno if the sprog will have been tested for other nuts but I rate almond butter above peanut butter and know of some people with peanut allergies who eat it!

Chuck some cooked chicken in a wrap with coleslaw mix (about 70p a pack in Asda) and low fat salad cream, takes about 30 seconds to make and is actually quite filling.

Fancy jacket tatie, fish fingers and beans tomorrow neet like.

Like the idea of the chicken and coleslaw wrap.

Peck chop pork and salad sandwhich for tea tonight instead, maybe a bag of crisps.

I made Cod Fillet, marinaded in Thai Red Curry Paste, then spoon over some lightly fried onions, mushrooms, garlic. Then spread cherry tomatoes around it.

Bake in the oven for 30 mins, served with brown rice with lemon and fresh coriander stirred in.

Surprisingly nice.

Kidneys
Fry onions in spray oil, remove , flour and quick fry kidneys , remove , deglaze pan with red wine , add stock pot , add the onions and kidneys and reduce , serve with baked spud , fuck the diet and add creme if you want the real I am .

Very nutritious though loads of protein and iron 10 mins , kidneys are about 90p for a gut full .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back