A healthy, cheap, tasty meal.

• Thread starter Beefy Monster Munch
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
may be really stupid this but i'm sure i heard/read that 1 tortilla wrap was equivalent to slices of white bread is this true if so think i need to cut down on wraps

But I love fajitas. As you haven't substantiated this with cold hard facts, I'll treat it as myth and carry on regardless. Besides some carbs are good, I'm reluctant to avoid them altogether. As for my meal, chicken and veg stirfry with chilli sauce. Not as cheap as you may think (have you seen the cost of chicken breasts?!), but healthy and easy to make.

may be really stupid this but i'm sure i heard/read that 1 tortilla wrap was equivalent to slices of white bread is this true if so think i need to cut down on wraps

In what sense? From a pure caloric value, a wrap may have more than a slice of bread. But it's going to have more fibre and micronutrients.

In what sense? From a pure caloric value, a wrap may have more than a slice of bread. But it's going to have more fibre and micronutrients.

I think i had it as worse for you in general or are wraps better for you than bread. this probably sounds really stupid :lol:

Two wraps, 8 wafer thin slices of ham, tub of full fat cottage cheese. About £1.50. Titus can you confirm if that's good?

Admirals fish pies are 75p in Morrisons. About 350 calories?

Two wraps, 8 wafer thin slices of ham, tub of full fat cottage cheese. About £1.50. Titus can you confirm if that's good?

Admirals fish pies are 75p in Morrisons. About 350 calories?
:lol:

350 calories, but what about fat content? Fish pies are normally loaded with fat because of the sauce.

I don't like cottage cheese, but if you do and that doesn't result in you eating too many calories, it looks fine ;)

Regarding the the fish pie; if it's only 350kcal then the most fat it can have is around 40g, but it'll be even less when you consider the carbs and protein.

I don't like cottage cheese, but if you do and that doesn't result in you eating too many calories, it looks fine ;)

Regarding the the fish pie; if it's only 350kcal then the most fat it can have is around 40g, but it'll be even less when you consider the carbs and protein.

Just checked, it's 11.4g of fat, 5g saturated fat.

Aye, mostly carbs from the crust etc I would have thought?

Like the sound of these fish pies, anyone confirm they aren't too fatty? Would have them with mushy pies and some carrots.

I already have.

Didn't know if you were on about the cheesr or the pie in the quotes, thanks. Cut fish from the fish shop off altogether as too fatty, but these sound like an ideal replacement.

Last edited:
I'd just like to say:

Fat =/= Increase in body fat unless you are taking in more calories than you expend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back