A good protein article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this dieting is far too complicated :lol: Could I not just eat normally and go to the gym to see improvements?

Today Ive had a cereal bar, a banana, an apple, 2 chicken breasts with some roasted veg and a yoghurt. Is that balanced enough or am i basically going to the gym for nowt? :lol:
Yes of course, tbh I've never really eaten the until about a month ago, I enjoy training and I lerrve eating but since I've reached a leve. At powerlifting that to me means I have to give myself every chance of success.

Before that as I say I trained because I love it, which I still do.

Yes of course, tbh I've never really eaten the until about a month ago, I enjoy training and I lerrve eating but since I've reached a leve. At powerlifting that to me means I have to give myself every chance of success.

Before that as I say I trained because I love it, which I still do.

Right, so someone like me, who isnt wanting to be strong as fuck (but looking to have SOME muscle/definition :lol:) I dont have to go mental on the protein? (Before I set up my own chicken and fish farms :lol:)

Right, so someone like me, who isnt wanting to be strong as fuck (but looking to have SOME muscle/definition :lol:) I dont have to go mental on the protein?
No, but eating protein which doesn't mean you have to chug 5 protein shakes a day either, is beneficial when building or maintaining muscle, so if you're trying to lose weight, protein stops your body from reducing your muscle as well as fat
Just eat some eggs for breakfast with bacon.cut the fat off if you like, then have some a couple of chicken breast a day and you'll be fine.

your results are better if your diet is right.

No, but eating protein which doesn't mean you have to chug 5 protein shakes a day either, is beneficial when building or maintaining muscle, so if you're trying to lose weight, protein stops your body from reducing your muscle as well as fat
Just eat some eggs for breakfast with bacon.cut the fat off if you like, then have some a couple of chicken breast a day and you'll be fine.

your results are better if your diet is right.

Cheers mate. Was going to get amongst the eggs but got told too many is bad. Never even considered shakes.

Boiled eggs are class, about 70 calories per one even with yolk

Cheers mate. Was going to get amongst the eggs but got told too many is bad. Never even considered shakes.
Eat as many eggs as you like. You'll need some fibre like bran, otherwise your shits will be like concrete.
And shakes are a good way of getting extra protein into a diet thats maxed out with food

Boiled eggs are class, about 70 calories per one even with yolk

Isnt that a lot?

Eat as many eggs as you like. You'll need some fibre like bran, otherwise your shits will be like concrete.
And shakes are a good way of getting extra protein into a diet thats maxed out with food

Cheers. Im presuming as im not wanting to be a machine or owt (simply looking for some definition basically) that i dont have to go OTT on diet specifics?

Isnt that a lot?

Cheers. Im presuming as im not wanting to be a machine or owt (simply looking for some definition basically) that i dont have to go OTT on diet specifics?
Yeah but 6 grams of protein, not too bad

Hmm, i sound like a broken record but this is where it all gets complicated for me. Bascially I want a bit muscle and i want rid of excess fat. It seems to get muscle i have to take in food that will have the potential to make me fat?

you are basically talking about body recomping which when done naturally takes determination and dedication

Hmm, i sound like a broken record but this is where it all gets complicated for me. Bascially I want a bit muscle and i want rid of excess fat. It seems to get muscle i have to take in food that will have the potential to make me fat?
No, if you need 2000 calories per day then eating over that consistently will cause you to gain weight, which will probably be in the form of fat, just add a bit protein to your diet instead of cereal for breakfast. You'll be fine.

you are basically talking about body recomping which when done naturally takes determination and dedication

I reckon gaining muscle will be more tricky for me that losing weight (i can usually drop weight very easily).

Cheers. At the moment my diet is very low carb. (Although I do treat myself to the odd banana and a bit rice or pasta now and again of an evening)

As stated
I reckon gaining muscle will be more tricky for me that losing weight (i can usually drop weight very easily).

Cheers. At the moment my diet is very low carb. (Although I do treat myself to the odd banana and a bit rice or pasta now and again of an evening)
on this forum loads of times, it's extremely difficult for your body to build muscle and drop fat at the same time. Unless you're gonna be obsessive about macros, weighing everything you eat and totalling calories, just train hard, sleep well and eat like fuck. You'll be surprised at how your strength and muscle improves

As stated

on this forum loads of times, it's extremely difficult for your body to build muscle and drop fat at the same time. Unless you're gonna be obsessive about macros, weighing everything you eat and totalling calories, just train hard, sleep well and eat like fuck. You'll be surprised at how your strength and muscle improves

Can i take the 'eat like fuck' bit out still see 'some' results?

As stated on this forum loads of times, it's extremely difficult for your body to build muscle and drop fat at the same time. Unless you're gonna be obsessive about macros, weighing everything you eat and totalling calories, just train hard, sleep well and eat like fuck. You'll be surprised at how your strength and muscle improves

Yeah, it's frustrating not being able to do both of the things that I want to do but once you're committed to going to the Gym then you can accept a long term process regards building muscle / reducing fat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back