A good protein article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seen it's been co-authored by Sol Orwell so it's most likely very decent

I was always of the belief that it was per 1.5g per lb of bodyweight and not per kg.
I'm currently necking 400 grams a day

I was always of the belief that it was per 1.5g per lb of bodyweight and not per kg.
I'm currently necking 400 grams a day
I've always taken it as 0.7 per pound of lean mass when bulking give or take obviously I'm not that anal, and around 1.5. Per pound of lean mass when cutting.

Have you ever used those ketones strips you wee on to check you're eating enough carbs?

I've always ate around 1.5g per lb of bw which works out at around 330 to 350 grams.
Gotta love protein.

Protein synthesis ;)

:lol: think you've maxed out the protein synthesis benefits there mind mate

:lol: think you've maxed out the protein synthesis benefits there mind mate
not really.....;)

i've never heard of the per kg of bw
everywhere ive read (for the last 20 years) has always said per lb of bw or lean bw

little bit T3 doesnt go a miss either

not really.....;)

i've never heard of the per kg of bw
everywhere ive read (for the last 20 years) has always said per lb of bw or lean bw

little bit T3 doesnt go a miss either

All research is generally done based on kg, people just change it when posting online.

Would up protein intake on t3 for sure but even then very few people will benefit from 400g. MPS will be 'maxed' much lower than that anyway.

All research is generally done based on kg, people just change it when posting online.

Would up protein intake on t3 for sure but even then very few people will benefit from 400g. MPS will be 'maxed' much lower than that anyway.
What do you make of the protein intake in that article? I've got about 160 pounds lean mass, which is a big guess tbh but that being right that article seems to think only around 130 grams protein, but I eat around 200.

What do you make of the protein intake in that article? I've got about 160 pounds lean mass, which is a big guess tbh but that being right that article seems to think only around 130 grams protein, but I eat around 200.

Depends on a variety of factors tbh mate.

I eat around 275-300g which is more than need to maximise muscle protein synthesis, but it helps me maintain a bit of satiety since I have a ridiculous appetite. Eating a bit more isn't really of concern.

All this dieting is far too complicated :lol: Could I not just eat normally and go to the gym to see improvements?

Today Ive had a cereal bar, a banana, an apple, 2 chicken breasts with some roasted veg and a yoghurt. Is that balanced enough or am i basically going to the gym for nowt? :lol:

Depends on a variety of factors tbh mate.

I eat around 275-300g which is more than need to maximise muscle protein synthesis, but it helps me maintain a bit of satiety since I have a ridiculous appetite. Eating a bit more isn't really of concern.
I've noticed this, a chicken breast sorts my hunger out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back