A cashless society

It hasn't been king for over 15 years now.

Retailers hate cash because of the hassle of counting it & banking it.

Only people to whom cash is king are criminals - that includes the black economy
And ballers like myself... always carry wads of hundreds so I can make it rain...

only kidding

how far away are we from a place where cash isn’t used?

I always like to have some cash on me, but rarely if ever use it (buying the odd paper from the local shop). Everything else is just tapped these days, quicker and you don’t have to fanny on with change

Apparently Sweden is nearly there

Do you want cash to remain?
No,

They will in future when that's all normalised. It's becoming increasingly common now.
Is there a black economy issue here? I am neither for nor against, it's a curiosity question.I imagine the TVA/VAT office prefers cards. Probably the fiscal side of HMRC as well.

When I got caught out it was about 4 years ago. And the sarky fucka said anyone who hasn't got a Oyster is a dildo, not a debit card.
It sounds as though the sarky fucka was a dildo receptacle. Can I assume he was a Londoner?

Last edited by a moderator:
how far away are we from a place where cash isn’t used?

I always like to have some cash on me, but rarely if ever use it (buying the odd paper from the local shop). Everything else is just tapped these days, quicker and you don’t have to fanny on with change

Apparently Sweden is nearly there

Do you want cash to remain?
A mans not a man unless he has a ton in his pocket.

Have none of you heard of data harvesting & targeted advertising? In the near future any weak minded person who buys some high profit low quality product, for example Prime, will be targeted to buy more shite.

In what way are they forcing it through? Card payments are now quicker and more convenient than cash ever was, dodgepots like Cash to avoid tax, which is why bitcoin exists
What a load of shite.
I was in my local eatery on Saturday night, they had a little chalkboard up reminding people that they still take cash, and so do their suppliers. The previous month they had a £600 bill for transactions taken from cards . It's a f***ing disgrace tbh,vthe banking sector arel making huge profits in the back of this

Back