73 cup final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was right behind the goal and no one saw him make the save. There was just Lorimer looking as though on the goal line and blasting the ball. Monty was down and out. Honestly all the people round me were convinced the ball had hit a stantion at the back of the net and come out and the ref had missed it...all were a bit puzzled when Bob ran straight to Monty at the end cos thanks to Dave Watson he seemed to have had a quiet afternoon despite the second half pressure
Watson was immense that game, what a player

It's been on BBC Red Button (Freeview 601) as 'FA Cup Rewind' all week.

The other final on is Coventry in 87. I had completely forgotten how lucky Nick Pickering was to leave us in 86 for a nothing Div One club and end up with an FA Cup Winners medal a year later.

First home game of that season (Orient I think) I watched the match sat on my arse in The Roker End it was that sparsely attended.
Come the cup run a couple of blokes in my street jumped on the bandwagon then come the final they took their wives and young kids to their first ever football match....I'm not bitter or owt like.:(

I was one of the 100 or so at Notts County away in the 3rd round. Managed to get a Luton (6th round ) ticket by begging the club & reminding them I was a Roker Bingo seller, nr Leeds. Semi ticket paid £3 to a tout for one in the Arsenal End (Leppings Lane) & paid £4 for my Wemberley ticket off a Leeds fan I knew ( for their end). Can't remember what the face values were?

I was one of the 100 or so at Notts County away in the 3rd round. Managed to get a Luton (6th round ) ticket by begging the club & reminding them I was a Roker Bingo seller, nr Leeds. Semi ticket paid £3 to a tout for one in the Arsenal End (Leppings Lane) & paid £4 for my Wemberley ticket off a Leeds fan I knew ( for their end). Can't remember what the face values were?
2/6.

Was watching it last neet.What a day that was.Shame I was still at Junior school,too young.

I was 15, so lucky cos been going to games only a year ( worked before school & every neet to get my train fare from Wakey). Mates at school were all Supa Leeds of course so had the piss took for a year, until ....... ;)

One of my first and most enduring childhood memories is the build up to the '73 cup final,the match itself,and the euphoria in the time after that great victory.

My Dad and Uncles were all at the game,while the rest of the family huddled round our black and white tv in the front room;Nana,Mam,Aunts and all. I still have the program and rosettes they brought back for me to this day and although I was only 6 years old I remember everything about that time.

This is what this club means to people:I hope they sort this mess that we find ourselves in out,and create some new memories our great new generation of fans deserve.

First home game of that season (Orient I think) I watched the match sat on my arse in The Roker End it was that sparsely attended.
Come the cup run a couple of blokes in my street jumped on the bandwagon then come the final they took their wives and young kids to their first ever football match....I'm not bitter or owt like.:(

Likewise. Couldnt get a ticket for the final after being a regular all season.

Obviously disappointed not to go, but have great memories of the day at home

Its disgusting the way they have run down the competition[/QUOTE]

Sky, foreign managers, and european competitions, to blame?

That and Arsenal V Liverpool are my favourite non Everton finals,the first two I ever remember watching,the whole country must have been supporting Sunderland that day

Not quite, as said I was in the Leeds end, dressed in a red/white striped cardi, red doc marts. Scrapping going on here & there;)
A dedicated follower of fashion :D
I wouldnt expect anything less when playing dirty Leeds,first time I went to Elland road I was 12 and got my nose splattered all over my face

there was a programme on before last years final, with guy mowbray about 73

interviews from the time of a couple of safc fans on the train down, no tickets but said they would go to a tenner if anyone had some

showed Sunderland town centre empty

Still got it on my planner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back