73 cup final

Status
Not open for further replies.

first game I saw in colour telly :lol:

had a mate at school a few years later, and his dad had a video tape recorder and recorded itv coverage of the game

when Guthrie had those shots that just missed second half the colour went and it looked like safc were in green stripes

what a glorious day that was

That is fantastic. Haven't seen the pre-match bits for donkeys. Leeds with their matching suits, the lads in a shocking bri-nylon display of browns and fawns purchased from Holmside's finest boutiques! How confident do they look? 'Any nerves Dennis?' 'No not at all!' Pitt juggling the ball on his head as they walk out. Watson's concentration. They were all fuckin immense that day. All of them. Not one shirker. Our present shower of shite aren't fit to lick their boots! Hawah the lads, as Coleman would say!

first game I saw in colour telly :lol:

had a mate at school a few years later, and his dad had a video tape recorder and recorded itv coverage of the game

when Guthrie had those shots that just missed second half the colour went and it looked like safc were in green stripes

what a glorious day that was
Video recorder in 1973
Must of used his cine camera to record the tele

That is fantastic. Haven't seen the pre-match bits for donkeys. Leeds with their matching suits, the lads in a shocking bri-nylon display of browns and fawns purchased from Holmside's finest boutiques! How confident do they look? 'Any nerves Dennis?' 'No not at all!' Pitt juggling the ball on his head as they walk out. Watson's concentration. They were all fuckin immense that day. All of them. Not one shirker. Our present shower of shite aren't fit to lick their boots! Hawah the lads, as Coleman would say!
Brian Moore said that
Must be one of the best, most focused team performances ever
Every man did his job

Loved 70's footy,posted a link in Hank's excellent tv football match thread yesterday about cup final day in Sunderland in 1973. Talkin' about 70's football,the brilliant (imo) The Damned United is on BBC2 now.

Not seen the BBC coverage before. Just watched it. Absolutely brilliant

The trophy porterfield got for scoring the goal. Haha right at the end

Neither had i , some belter hair cuts or lack of them as well and no club suits either, Short must have been in charge at the time.

there was a programme on before last years final, with guy mowbray about 73

interviews from the time of a couple of safc fans on the train down, no tickets but said they would go to a tenner if anyone had some

showed Sunderland town centre empty

Still got it on my planner
Thats been on as well over the weekend as well as Miss SAFC

That was superb, I've never seen the Grandstand pre match build up before and loved it. Loved the fact that Bobby Charlton was sure we would win it mind, shame the cup isn't that big a deal anymore.
Not seen the pre match build up since the actual day. I didn't manage to get to the final despite getting to the other rounds. Terry Cooper saying you can't run around for 90mins on that pitch, we proved that fecker wrong. Cloughy saying you couldn't be anything but certain Leeds would beat Sunderland :lol: The atmosphere was electric and all you could hear was the Sunderland fans ha'way the lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back