73 cup final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not seen the BBC coverage before. Just watched it. Absolutely brilliant

The trophy porterfield got for scoring the goal. Haha right at the end

Last edited:
Sometimes the bbc do a cup final mash up of events from different finals played out over 90 minutes.

First home game of that season (Orient I think) I watched the match sat on my arse in The Roker End it was that sparsely attended.
Come the cup run a couple of blokes in my street jumped on the bandwagon then come the final they took their wives and young kids to their first ever football match....I'm not bitter or owt like.:(

First home game of that season (Orient I think) I watched the match sat on my arse in The Roker End it was that sparsely attended.
Come the cup run a couple of blokes in my street jumped on the bandwagon then come the final they took their wives and young kids to their first ever football match....I'm not bitter or owt like.:(
Yes I remember those days sitting on the terraces watching shite until Brown went...Then later that season we had the Man City match when the ground was full and the atmosphere was bouncing. Loved it to get back to what I thought were going to be the good times. "Ohhh Rodney Rodney..... Rodney Rodney shithouse Marsh." Happy days.

Yes i was one of the 9000 and i didn't get a ticket either

Shields supporters now

Can't watch it in case Leeds score

Stoke out

"Porterfield! ......... And Sunderland have done what they've threatened to do!"

See, Colman never said 'Porterfield! 1-0!' He also called the save. "And Lorimer makes it 1-1 NO! Astonishing!" That's why the BBC always beat the crap out of ITV in the FA Cup Final viewing figures.

"Porterfield! ......... And Sunderland have done what they've threatened to do!"

See, Colman never said 'Porterfield! 1-0!' He also called the save. "And Lorimer makes it 1-1 NO! Astonishing!" That's why the BBC always beat the crap out of ITV in the FA Cup Final viewing figures.

Was right behind the goal and no one saw him make the save. There was just Lorimer looking as though on the goal line and blasting the ball. Monty was down and out. Honestly all the people round me were convinced the ball had hit a stantion at the back of the net and come out and the ref had missed it...all were a bit puzzled when Bob ran straight to Monty at the end cos thanks to Dave Watson he seemed to have had a quiet afternoon despite the second half pressure

That was superb, I've never seen the Grandstand pre match build up before and loved it. Loved the fact that Bobby Charlton was sure we would win it mind, shame the cup isn't that big a deal anymore.
Sadly you are quite right thanks to Sky the FA Cup is just a sideshow these days.

Is it just the 73 final or are others on there? The 80's ones might be worth a watch for me as I watched them as a kid with me grandad (RIP).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back