700 calorie diet

Headaches and fatigue on that 700 cal diet would be unreal. Id make 700 your goal after a long breakdown starting at the safe 2600 calories and reduce it gradually. This year Jan - Apr I managed to shift 3 stone 7 lbs but that was with zero alcohol, zero sugar up to 500 calories of exercise and a calorie deficit diet around foods that I like. Plenty of fish, chicken, pork, endless amounts of veg and the odd rice or pasta dish. Ended up on 2000 calories and was sick of eating to be honest, then once I was back to work back on the Mcd's muffins for breakfast and takeaways and beers on a weekend. Have only gained 8 lbs back but can definetly feel the half stone difference.
I've been doing 1900 this week and it's hard enough. Could get past 1pm on 700.
Try this under 500 calorie Fry up with:

aldi's chicken chipolatas x2 (70 cal)
aldi turkey bacon 2 slices (60 cal)
2 eggs (120 cal)
heinz no added sugar beans (78 cal)
chopped tomato's (34 cal)
mushrooms (endless amounts) 20 cal
fried red onion (10 cal)
2 slices of warburtons small wholemeal toast / bread (100 cal)

worked out when I measured the servings at around 490 calories and cooked in fry light.

Last edited:

Headaches and fatigue on that 700 cal diet would be unreal. Id make 700 your goal after a long breakdown starting at the safe 2600 calories and reduce it gradually. This year Jan - Apr I managed to shift 3 stone 7 lbs but that was with zero alcohol, zero sugar up to 500 calories of exercise and a calorie deficit diet around foods that I like. Plenty of fish, chicken, pork, endless amounts of veg and the odd rice or pasta dish. Ended up on 2000 calories and was sick of eating to be honest, then once I was back to work back on the Mcd's muffins for breakfast and takeaways and beers on a weekend. Have only gained 8 lbs back but can definetly feel the half stone difference.

Try this under 500 calorie Fry up with:

aldi's chicken chipolatas x2 (70 cal)
aldi turkey bacon 2 slices (60 cal)
2 eggs (120 cal)
heinz no added sugar beans (78 cal)
chopped tomato's (34 cal)
mushrooms (endless amounts) 20 cal
fried red onion (10 cal)
2 slices of warburtons small wholemeal toast / bread (100 cal)

worked out when I measured the servings at around 490 calories and cooked in fry light.
I'll give it a go minus the beans as I'm not a fan.

I have decided to try a 700 calorie diet (3 shakes) this week. I normally walk 2 hours a day in one go to get my 10000 steps in.

Can I safely walk this distance each day while only consuming 700 calories does anyone know? Google gives conflicting advice on this. Cheers.
3 brisk 10 minute walks is more beneficial than 10k steps.

Autophagy is an interesting concept and I think everyone would benefit from it every now and then but you stick to your stance and don't feel sad
Agreed.

I’m a case study of one but I had bloods done before and during a fast (18hrs in) and my Testosterone and HGH increased significantly (800% increase in HGH), I also had a drop in insulin levels too. I train quite a lot so I’ve been looking for natural ways to improve composition and it’s been the best results I’ve seen over recent times.

I was very tempted to try the 2 week potato diet. You eat nothing but potatoes for 2 weeks. They have enough nutrition to keep you going but it's meant to remap your taste and way of eating making it easier to stick to a new diet/way of eating,

I was very tempted to try the 2 week potato diet. You eat nothing but potatoes for 2 weeks. They have enough nutrition to keep you going but it's meant to remap your taste and way of eating making it easier to stick to a new diet/way of eating,
Meant to remap your taste and way of eating is marketing bull shit!

You just need to eat less calories than you burn to lose bodyfat, why eat nothing but potatoes when you can eat any food you want whilst in a caloric deficit?

Meant to remap your taste and way of eating is marketing bull shit!

You just need to eat less calories than you burn to lose bodyfat, why eat nothing but potatoes when you can eat any food you want whilst in a caloric deficit?
The point is you do it before you start your calorie deficit diet so you arnt craving sweet stuff, or start the habit of eating shit after a main meal, hence the remapping of how you eat. Its easy to say just do a calorie deficit diet but a lot of people after a short period of time pick back up the bad habits and struggle to offload it, that's why apps like noom concentrate on the psychology of a diet rather than just saying eat less calories it's easy to loose weight

The point is you do it before you start your calorie deficit diet so you arnt craving sweet stuff, or start the habit of eating shit after a main meal, hence the remapping of how you eat. Its easy to say just do a calorie deficit diet but a lot of people after a short period of time pick back up the bad habits and struggle to offload it, that's why apps like noom concentrate on the psychology of a diet rather than just saying eat less calories it's easy to loose weight
I am sorry mate but eating nowt but potatoes for 2 weeks is ridiculous.

I'm not disagreeing with you, that's why I didn't do it. But the point of it was its possible to do as its nutritionally alright, rather than drinking 3 shakes a day as to original post, but the point of it isn't to loose weight but as an aid to starting a diet. It's f***ing American madness but it works for people so it's an option

I'm not disagreeing with you, that's why I didn't do it. But the point of it was its possible to do as its nutritionally alright, rather than drinking 3 shakes a day as to original post, but the point of it isn't to loose weight but as an aid to starting a diet. It's f***ing American madness but it works for people so it's an option
Yeah definitely better than a shake diet like.

Eat real food (I.e nothing processed), not too much and mostly plants.

Restrict your eating window to 8hrs a day and the weight will drop off. I can’t imagine shakes are a sustainable way of keeping weight off.

Way of life for me now. Doesn't feel like a diet at all..which is the best way to go, otherwise you just put it back on...all that glycogen yo-yo-ing

I did the Fast800 for a couple of months. I probably fasted 20 hours a day and went to the gym on my way home from work to train fasted. I had remarkable results but training was torture.

I’m on about 2500 calories a day now and around 200g of protein a day. Getting my macros in is a massive ball-ache for me and so I don’t worry about it too much. I eat healthier than I ever did and probably still do IF 1 or 2 days a week.

Could try it for a year ;) This man ate potatoes for all three meals everyday for a year and lost 50kg. This is how

Its how Penn started his as well Penn Jillette Reveals the Secret to His Incredible 100-Pound Weight Loss

I do think theres some merit in people resetting their eating, identifying and cutting out the bad habits and then making an achievable lifestyle change to lose and maintain weight over fad diets that work short term but dont address why ended up overweight in the first place. Certainly for me there was 4 or 5 times moved up 4 stone, lost it on Atkins/Calorie control etc etc diets. Has only been since I change my diet over to plant based and kept to regular exercise that have basically maintained for four years, but it has taken a full lifestyle change.

Even now though am refining my diet and last few weeks have been using MFP to track everything again and identified few areas that I need to pull back on if I want to hit my target weight for my run later in the year.

Back