700 calorie diet

Long term controlled calorie deficit with the correct balance of good carbs, proteins and fats is the only long term safe solution in my opinion. Base calories can be lowered or increased depending on your activities but you will always achieve your goals with a well thought out and disciplined food plan.

Out of curiosity, do you think there is much more of a benefit from 16 to 24 hours? I dont mind the odd fast and its quite good for you, i think?
72 hour fasts are as much as Ive gone in the past.

I have decided to try a 700 calorie diet (3 shakes) this week. I normally walk 2 hours a day in one go to get my 10000 steps in.

Can I safely walk this distance each day while only consuming 700 calories does anyone know? Google gives conflicting advice on this. Cheers.
I’m not going to mince words here, doing a 700 calorie diet is unsustainable and stupid.

Long term controlled calorie deficit with the correct balance of good carbs, proteins and fats is the only long term safe solution in my opinion. Base calories can be lowered or increased depending on your activities but you will always achieve your goals with a well thought out and disciplined food plan.

Out of curiosity, do you think there is much more of a benefit from 16 to 24 hours? I dont mind the odd fast and its quite good for you, i think?
I think the longer (up to say 3 days) you fast the better the benefits. It is just more difficult.

The benefits of fasting aren't really linked to weight loss. That is just a bonus if you are trying to shift timber.
I’m not going to mince words here, doing a 700 calorie diet is unsustainable and stupid.
Not mincing words but definitely mince n dumplings.

Last edited:
Fasting really only needed for mostly women who are insulin sensitive during menopause, only reason people should ever fast in 95% cases is as a tactic to save calories for a time window that suits.

Due to a lot of people on here and on Fitbit thinking it was a bad idea, I decided to quit after one day :lol:
Fat greedy bastard :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fasting really only needed for mostly women who are insulin sensitive during menopause, only reason people should ever fast in 95% cases is as a tactic to save calories for a time window that suits.
Scientific understanding of benefits of fasting has come on a lot in last decade

Last edited:
Autophagy is an interesting concept and I think everyone would benefit from it every now and then but you stick to your stance and don't feel sad
First time I have heard of that, Im going to have to look into it. Not an easy task fasting for 2- 4 days, for me anyway (im a greedy bastard with little will power when hungry). I normally just fast for 24 hours. Which is still good for not just weight loss, but blood pressure and inflammation.

First time I have heard of that, Im going to have to look into it. Not an easy task fasting for 2- 4 days, for me anyway (im a greedy bastard with little will power when hungry). I normally just fast for 24 hours. Which is still good for not just weight loss, but blood pressure and inflammation.
When you fast your body goes into autophagy and starts repairing cells and ejecting damaged bits into blood stream and uses it as fuel. (I think!)

Some Japanese fella got a nobel prize for the work but according to a punter on here it's all nonsense.

A lass I used to manage was on a 500 calorie a day diet and within 3/4 days (and without her exercising) I had to have a word with her as she was falling asleep at her desk and on the verge of feinting

It is the magic answer, over rides calorie deficit etc iirc

When you fast your body goes into autophagy and starts repairing cells and ejecting damaged bits into blood stream and uses it as fuel. (I think!)

Some Japanese fella got a nobel prize for the work but according to a punter on here it's all nonsense.
It’s my understanding that although fasting does cause autophagy, it’s not much. Excercise causes far more autophagy, even when in a fed state.

Back