7 dead in mass shooting in Milwaukee

I remember about a year ago watching a news report on ABC13 some young man I think he was around 20 years old had shot 5 burglars in his house in Houston 3 injured 2 dead,he had shot them with a loaded AK47 he kept under the bed,there had been a gun fight in his house and they had exchanged shots,what a place to live.

89 percent of Americans favor expanded background checks for gun purchasers;
76 percent support "red flag" laws to identify dangerous persons and deny them guns,
75 percent favor a voluntary buyback program in which the government would purchase firearms from current owners.
62 percent of Americans favor a ban on the sale of semi-automatic weapons.

Why does nothing ever happen on the matter?

Pro Gun Groups last year paid out over $11 million to politicians
They paid that money in various amounts to 307 members of congres
Congress has 535 members in total

In the USA bribing politicians is legal and encouraged

It is as simple as that.
Gun law changes won't make a dent in mass shootings.

I remember about a year ago watching a news report on ABC13 some young man I think he was around 20 years old had shot 5 burglars in his house in Houston 3 injured 2 dead,he had shot them with a loaded AK47 he kept under the bed,there had been a gun fight in his house and they had exchanged shots,what a place to live.

That just mad. Image the plastering repair bill.

i reckon you could get round that by saying any new gun laws apply to everything but these:

Logon or register to see this image

its what the second amendment was written for, therefore you're not effecting anyone's second amendment rights....

I cant see the picture but assume it is of really old guns?

I'm not sure the Americans would agree with your logic.

*their.

And that's about as out of date as the Magna Carta

The people who wrote it weren't giving carte blanch for people to sleep with semi automatic rifles under their beds and allow them to gun down people at will

*full stops and hyphen.

I don't think anyone is suggesting they were.

Back