6music

I haven’t listened to it as much since they rejigged the schedules and shamefully put Radcliffe and Maconie on a weekend which means I can’t listen to it live anymore. Always like Lauren’s morning show too rather than breakfast. Can’t get away with Mary Ann Hobbs don’t like her presenting style or music taste. Never listen to Lamarq, like Keaveny but he suited breakfast so much more. Guy Garveys shows good.

Keevney needs to go, he just goes on and on about nowt. Its a music station not self obsessed idiot station.

Think that's probably the idea, bit of light-heartedness. Breaks it up from the other presenters who put more focus on new artists etc.

The lad who sometimes fills in, John Peel's son - can't get away with him, if only because his voice is absolutely grating.

Think that's probably the idea, bit of light-heartedness. Breaks it up from the other presenters who put more focus on new artists etc.

The lad who sometimes fills in, John Peel's son - can't get away with him, if only because his voice is absolutely grating.
Which is funny as 85% of the male presenters deliberately have an intonation totally based on John Peel's!

Him, Hawkins and Lamacq are my favourites simply because they are far more likely to play music I like.

The Hawk is class. Proper sound bloke as well, always gets the cuppas in when we go up to Media City, even though he's usually been awake for about 12 hours longer than we have and looks permanently jetlagged :lol:

Have it on all day most days

Keavney makes me laugh
Mary Ann doesnt with her stoned student schtik - normally turn her off
Cant knock Lauren. Looks after Mackem music on there
Radcliffe and Maconie are great though my one meeting with the later put a dampner on my opinon of him
Lamacq still knocking out the indie disco bangers
Lard plays some great obscure stuff
Turn Huey off but like a bit of Liz Kershaw
Giles Peterson plays some great stuff on a satda

Id be lost without it

Keavney makes me laugh
Radcliffe and Maconie are great though my one meeting with the later put a dampner on my opinon of him

Id be lost without it

I get that impression from him like.

Have an old dab radio in the garage when i tinker with my motorbikes
good crack,good presenters etc and bands i've never heard of.Then they play a tune and i know why .Its the best radio station out there i suppose . Don't listen at weekends or other hours so may change a bit
I get that impression from him like.
And me ,canny in print but smug in 3d

Might start giving it a go, getting a bit tired of radio x
I’m a Radio Xer I’ve dipped into 6 a few times but it’s a bit too far for me tbh.
I tend to mix it up a bit now after 20years of XFM / Radio X I put absolute on and flick through the decades or I hoy a playlist on Amazon music

I know it’s only a couple of hours a week but I would recommend BBC sounds app and catch-up on Beat Surrender (Radio Newcastle) & Stereo Underground (Radio Solent) Always some cracking tunes on and a bit more alternative than the mainstream stuff.
Richard Latto is a very listenable presenter

sorry if seb but definitely worth a recommendation

Keavney makes me laugh

Id be lost without it
pleased it was Maconie who was a cock and not Radcliffe

still enjoy Steve Lamacq , Lard's programme is great, Tom Robinson as well, Saturday is perfect RadMac, Huey, football while Kershaw and Peterson are on, crack a beer in time for Craig Charles

have never emjoyed Shaun Keavaney, reminds me of the zany days of Radio One

haven't even mentioned the next Mrs Sandboy on a morning, she can do no wrong

Back