50.1% Of 30 year old women are childless.

I did it three times and would still have had more if circumstances allowed!

I did it once and I have absolutely no idea how anyone does it again willingly. I'm also an only child and my Mam says the same.

The lasses I know who are around 30 and have no kids - it's either that they don't want to, or they haven't found a bloke they'd trust to be a parent with them.

I’ve got 4 boys with the wife from 11 through to nearly one having had the first mid twenties and its 100% tiring now a lot more than the first but i think the world n opinion is different now I think the worlds more ‘ female ‘ in its position of emotion and feeling so i’m a bit concerned about blokes growing up as the idea of being masculine is more difficult but unnecessary. There doesnt need to be masculine or feminine there just needs to be good and bad and right and wrong but we’re a lost in spectrums and shit.

I think too many people arent growing out of the ego-centric stage of childhood development and that explains a lot of the modern world

Also having kids is a significant risk n giving yourself a person that you love more than your partner ( or indeed yourself - which should be a given ) and that can be very impactful
Is it a greater love or a different love?
I did it once and I have absolutely no idea how anyone does it again willingly. I'm also an only child and my Mam says the same.

The lasses I know who are around 30 and have no kids - it's either that they don't want to, or they haven't found a bloke they'd trust to be a parent with them.
Or another possibility is they haven't found a bloke willing to give them a baby?
In regard to the third paragraph theres so much that influences it, the kids are ultimately more important and anyone that argues against it shouldnt be a parent full stop so instantly you take a back step and you’ve got make the most of what time you can make together but that gets so hard and phones and the use of them makes that so much more difficult !
Whilst most of the bickering between is a cause of the kids becoming parents actually brought us closer again. I had a good stint off work to help and support in the early years and out much less on the nights on the sauce (with the chaps). We didn't live separate lives by any stretch but definitely drifted a tad and then moved back more to being a team (for want of a better phrase). I appreciate all the stuff she does to keep the house ticking over more now as well.

Last edited:
Is it a greater love or a different love?

Or another possibility is they haven't found a bloke willing to give them a baby?

Whilst most of the bickering between is a cause of the kids becoming parents actually brought us closer again. I had a good stint off work to help and support in the early years and out much less on the nights on the sauce (with the chaps). We didn't live separate lives by any stretch but definitely drifted a tad and then moved back more to being a team (for want of a better phrase). I appreciate all the stuff she does to keep the house ticking over more now as well.
Greater I’d have to say because there’s a different level of pride, hope, accountability and responsibility than there ever could be in a partnership relationship.

If your child is crap the pride and hope bits might not always be a thing.
Thats where the accountability comes into it to make sure your child isnt crap !

A partnership relationship is an agreement and a promise, a maternal or paternal one for me is greater and deeper because its more than that in so many ways your influential, they’re in part a reflection of you, just another level.

Thats where the accountability comes into it to make sure your child isnt crap !

A partnership relationship is an agreement and a promise, a maternal or paternal one for me is greater and deeper because its more than that in so many ways your influential, they’re in part a reflection of you, just another level.
I get the accountability, responsibility, pledge angle marra. I'm just suggesting perhaps a love for a child is a different kind of love than that for a partner.

I get the accountability, responsibility, pledge angle marra. I'm just suggesting perhaps a love for a child is a different kind of love than that for a partner.
I get where your coming from mate ! Depends on the wife really, mines an emotional and hormonal nightmare who’s in her phone 90% of her free time and does nowt around the house !

More reasons why I say greater ha

Planned or not?
Yes planned, when I say planned I mean between him and his girlfriend. It's certainly a stress but he's got his mortgage sorted and moves in by the end of the month, I just wish he'd discussed previous as just by chance she's covered for maternity leave which he wasn't expecting.

You absolutely hate men. I was with a woman 15 years and I didn’t want her to be a parent to my kids. She would have been a crap parent. You need to stop thinking about yourself and look at the world from the perspective of how other people feel and see it.

Back