50.1% Of 30 year old women are childless.

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
What would you put this down to? It’s the first time in human history. Read an article a few weeks ago from Pew research that was surprising how many more single men are looking for a long term relationship compared to women. I’m not suggesting there is anything wrong with it I’m just saying I was surprised at it.

Logon or register to see this image

Looks to me like men seem to want to settle down early and women are putting it off till later. Wonder if it’s women prioritising career now and they’re not being a pressure on them to have kids early.

Last edited:

What would you put this down to? It’s the first time in human history. Read an article a few weeks ago from Pew research that was surprising how many more single men are looking for a long term relationship compared to women. I’m not suggesting there is anything wrong with it I’m just saying I was surprised at it.

How far down the rabbit hole do you want to go? btw it's not a phenomena, it's deliberate and part of the mass population reduction plan.

Looks to me like men seem to want to settle down early and women are putting it off till later. Wonder if it’s women prioritising career now and they’re not being a pressure on them to have kids early.

Stats relate to the US, it would be interesting to see if the trend is global.

Aye that’s what I think. I’d personally say it’s better for a family to happen in your 30s. Both of you should have an education, be in jobs and wiser than your early 30s. There’s no need To worry about being old for the kids now as our life expectancy is the highest it’s ever been.

I thought our generation that would be the first to die younger than our parents due to a more office-based, sedentary lifestyle and poor diet that consists of McDonalds and fizzy pop.

Aye that’s what I think. I’d personally say it’s better for a family to happen in your 30s. Both of you should have an education, be in jobs and wiser than your early 30s. There’s no need To worry about being old for the kids now as our life expectancy is the highest it’s ever been.
It wouldn't be in my case. I wouldn't want to be dealing with teenagers and other shit that comes with children into my 50s.

I thought our generation that would be the first to die younger than our parents due to a more office-based, sedentary lifestyle and poor diet that consists of McDonalds and fizzy pop.
I was also thinking that you can get youth holidays, drug experiments, casual sex, festival, boozing etc out of the way and enjoy your 20s before you settle into being older and having less stamina. That’s the best time to have kids imo.

nature is endlessly fascinating. When there are too many of a certain species it ends in some type of cull. It used to be famine, disease, war and/or natural disasters for the humans. we've managed to limit those horsemen..but nature will find a way in the end.

It wouldn't be in my case. I wouldn't want to be dealing with teenagers and other shit that comes with children into my 50s.
I’m 45 and my lass is 30. We will be having kids in the next few year. Neither of us wanted them till now. We’re both in steady, well compensated jobs and have a nice home to bring them up in. I doubt I’d have had the patience before now really.

Back