4 day break in that London…

We’ve just came back. We did

Camden
Harry Potter world (25 mins on train from Euston to Watford then a shuttle bus)

Science Museum
Buckingham Palace/Green Park

Tower of London
London Eye
Covent Garden
Piccadilly Circus on the evening

Covent Garden again
Oxford street

Was class. Spent our Jet2 refund for a 10 night holiday and all our spends in 4 days. Well worth it though.

We’ve just came back. We did

Camden
Harry Potter world (25 mins on train from Euston to Watford then a shuttle bus)

Science Museum
Buckingham Palace/Green Park

Tower of London
London Eye
Covent Garden
Piccadilly Circus on the evening

Covent Garden again
Oxford street

Was class. Spent our Jet2 refund for a 10 night holiday and all our spends in 4 days. Well worth it though.
How was Harry Potter world? Was it a full day thing? We were considering chessington plus Harry Potter world but if we do London I think I’d rather do London than a theme park. We went to Piccadilly Circus last time when the protesters were there, was a great thing for the kids to see. We were there the night before as well and a big gang of bikers turned up and were doing burn outs, the whole place just stopped while they did their thing.

…looking at doing a short break, 4 days, in that London with the kids. My kids are 8 and 10 and love city holidays because they are always busy doing holidays rather than just relaxing round the pool. We did London with them a few years ago but there’s shit loads to do so I’m trying to come up with a list of places to visit and things to do. Last time we did:

Houses of Parliament tour
London eye
Tower of london
Changing of the guard
St James park
Imperial war museum
Hamleys
National history museum
Harrods

They are both in to football so could maybe fancy a stadium tour, if anyone has done any of the big clubs and could recommend(or avoid).
The wife just reminded me, we were there when the climate change protests were on, really was something to see that.
The imperial war museum is brilliant but kids prefer Nando’s and the Hard Rock Cafe

How was Harry Potter world? Was it a full day thing? We were considering chessington plus Harry Potter world but if we do London I think I’d rather do London than a theme park. We went to Piccadilly Circus last time when the protesters were there, was a great thing for the kids to see. We were there the night before as well and a big gang of bikers turned up and were doing burn outs, the whole place just stopped while they did their thing.

Brilliant. How old are the kids mate? There were families there with 4/5 year olds, which I found strange since there’s no way they could understand the films.

It can be as long or as short as you want. Would take 2 hours if you just glanced at everything, 4 hours to read all the plaques, watch videos, do the green screens etc.

It really is amazing though, you have to keep reminding yourself that it is the actual sets that the characters acted on. It’s worth going just to see the castle model.

…looking at doing a short break, 4 days, in that London with the kids. My kids are 8 and 10 and love city holidays because they are always busy doing holidays rather than just relaxing round the pool. We did London with them a few years ago but there’s shit loads to do so I’m trying to come up with a list of places to visit and things to do. Last time we did:

London eye
Tower of london
Changing of the guard
St James park
Imperial war museum
Hamleys
National history museum
Harrods

They are both in to football so could maybe fancy a stadium tour, if anyone has done any of the big clubs and could recommend(or avoid).
The wife just reminded me, we were there when the climate change protests were on, really was something to see that.
Milwall

The shard is nailed on, the lads wanted to do it last time but we didn’t have time. It’s not that cheap mind, £25 just to go up, we’d hoped we could do like afternoon tea or something. Can get a glass of champagne for £12 though.
You can do the skygarden for nowt if you can get a slot
The shard is nailed on, the lads wanted to do it last time but we didn’t have time. It’s not that cheap mind, £25 just to go up, we’d hoped we could do like afternoon tea or something. Can get a glass of champagne for £12 though.

Hmmm we tried to turn up for that a few years ago, with 2 kids in our tourist attire. Turned away at door for dress code while loadsa rich kernts turned up in suits etc. Check before u turn up😀

London eye
Tower of london
Changing of the guard
St James park
Imperial war museum
Hamleys
National history museum
Harrods

Rib boat tour on the Thames, leaves outside the London Eye. They open them right up next to canary wharf, fast as fuck.

What about booking a meal in one of tge tables in the shard for a meal? It'll be pricey but if you're looking at £100 admission plus drinks to go to the viewing gallery, you've got a £100 head voucher on the meal, if that makes sense.

Another vote for the Wembley tour, i took a nephew there a few years back when our match at Fulham was brought forward to the Friday at the last minute.

Last edited:

London eye
Tower of london
Changing of the guard
St James park
Imperial war museum
Hamleys
National history museum
Harrods

Depending on how you're getting down, Nation Rail sometimes do 2for1 admission to different places, if you go by train

London eye
Tower of london
Changing of the guard
St James park
Imperial war museum
Hamleys
National history museum
Harrods

Wembley tour is spot on ,lots in it
Check out roof top cinema club for dates you're down
We did Top gun on Kensington roof gardens
I just like walking around ,site to site
Real live adults asking what to do in London.
If you're the bench mark we'll stay fake

Hmmm we tried to turn up for that a few years ago, with 2 kids in our tourist attire. Turned away at door for dress code while loadsa rich kernts turned up in suits etc. Check before u turn up😀
Really. It's a public space mate. They had to make it so as part of the planning permission. I used to know then building director and all of the security team etc until Land Securities sold the building to the Chinese. Perhaps it's changed since then

Back