4 day break in that London…

5underland

Midfield
…looking at doing a short break, 4 days, in that London with the kids. My kids are 8 and 10 and love city holidays because they are always busy doing holidays rather than just relaxing round the pool. We did London with them a few years ago but there’s shit loads to do so I’m trying to come up with a list of places to visit and things to do. Last time we did:

Houses of Parliament tour
London eye
Tower of london
Changing of the guard
St James park
Imperial war museum
Hamleys
National history museum
Harrods

They are both in to football so could maybe fancy a stadium tour, if anyone has done any of the big clubs and could recommend(or avoid).
The wife just reminded me, we were there when the climate change protests were on, really was something to see that.

Arsenal is supposed to be a good football tour..go up the Shard..go in Borough Market when you come down..i went up last time..great views of London..go to St Pauls cathedral..it’s magnificent..go up to the whispering gallery then you can go outside..you’re right at the height of the dome…we had a walk through Hyde Park..beautiful..loads of wildlife..squirrels..goldeneye geese..Camden Market is good..you could go to the zoo up that way anarl.

Arsenal is supposed to be a good football tour..go up the Shard..go in Borough Market when you come down..i went up last time..great views of London..go to St Pauls cathedral..it’s magnificent..go up to the whispering gallery then you can go outside..you’re right at the height of the dome…we had a walk through Hyde Park..beautiful..loads of wildlife..squirrels..goldeneye geese..Camden Market is good..you could go to the zoo up that way anarl.
The shard is nailed on, the lads wanted to do it last time but we didn’t have time. It’s not that cheap mind, £25 just to go up, we’d hoped we could do like afternoon tea or something. Can get a glass of champagne for £12 though.

British museum is the obvious omission. Train up to Watford for Harry Potter? Tower Bridge (spiderman far from home). St Paul's. West Norwood catacombs are brilliant but you have to plan your visit around them as they only do a tour once a month.

If you time it right you can see the changing of the horseguards up Whitehall then go to watch the Buck house version shortly afterwards.
I think your kids would like Madame Tusaauds but its a bit pricey, look for cheap ticket offers, although there mat not be much of that at the moment.
Tower of London is great - you must do it.
The aquarium place on the south bank is canny next to the Eye.
emirates cable cars are worth a go (especially if something lands at the airport while your in the flight path) then a poke round the millenium dome (its just a bunch of chain restaurants but easy to feed kids)
Good shout and the Cutty Sark and the zero longditude place ---- edit Prime Meridian at Greenwich Park:)
British museum is the obvious omission. Train up to Watford for Harry Potter? Tower Bridge (spiderman far from home). St Paul's. West Norwood catacombs are brilliant but you have to plan your visit around them as they only do a tour once a month.
Another good shout, after (or before) Tower or London, go to Tower Bridge and St Katharine Dock

Last edited:

Back