4 clean sheets in 5 games

Suppose it’s finally some progress you can pinpoint. Build from the back. But building required and quite a bit of it in the final third.

We dodged a bullet tonight no? If they’d had the two penalties they should’ve had then it’s unlikely we would’ve walked away with a clean sheet.

Jobe wasn’t suited to his role tonight - we’d have needed a Velcro shirt and a furry ball for it to stick to him. He appears to go down way too easily too, which isn’t getting much mileage with the championship refs.

But - it’s a great point away from home and over all it was a committed, team, performance with some semblance of organisation and game plan.

As an aside, and purely my own irrational and unfair observation, but why would a manager need to wear a cap at a night game in April, it irritates me 😂
No idea but guessing its easier to focus on pitch only? Wild guess.

The issues are at the top end of the pitch, pretty much all season tbf

Been for 18 months mate absolutely ridiculous. Simms was called back by Everton and we haven't signed a striker that can score more than 3 goals. The 3 goal striker being Geldhart.

This season:
Burstow - 1 goal
Rusyn - 2 goals
Hemir - 0 goals

So Joe Geldhart scored the same amount of goals in 4/5 month as our 4 striker signings have all this season. Mayenda included.

I find it astonishing that Mason Burstow has only scored 3 senior goals in his career. Albeit in 38 games but how can we of been relying on players like him this season.

Been for 18 months mate absolutely ridiculous. Simms was called back by Everton and we haven't signed a striker that can score more than 3 goals. The 3 goal striker being Geldhart.

This season:
Burstow - 1 goal
Rusyn - 2 goals
Hemir - 0 goals

So Joe Geldhart scored the same amount of goals in 4/5 month as our 4 striker signings have all this season. Mayenda included.

I find it astonishing that Mason Burstow has only scored 3 senior goals in his career. Albeit in 38 games but how can we of been relying on players like him this season.
In fairness to Rusyn, I'm sure that if he'd played as many minutes as Gelhardt did he'd have scored far more. He's barely had a sniff, man and he looks by far the most likely.

It's clear that Jobe as a centre forward isn't working and yet Rusyn hasn't had a single minute in the last four games.

In fairness to Rusyn, I'm sure that if he'd played as many minutes as Gelhardt did he'd have scored far more. He's barely had a sniff, man and he looks by far the most likely.

It's clear that Jobe as a centre forward isn't working and yet Rusyn hasn't had a single minute in the last four games.
Hea still probably started 8or 9 games

I'm not sure rusyn is an out and out striker but he's still more of one than gelhart ultimately I don't think either are good enough
I think that Rusyn might well be good enough for us: just not as an out and out striker.
His movement is decent. He's just not a 9. If we had one and Rusyn playing just behind him, I think he'd look the part.

I think that Rusyn might well be good enough for us: just not as an out and out striker.
His movement is decent. He's just not a 9. If we had one and Rusyn playing just behind him, I think he'd look the part.
We should be playing rigg or adil behind a striker eventually I think

Rusyn is injured and Dodds reckons he probably won't be back playing again this season

Met Kyril today told him to buy us a striker

Now there was an original conversation....even his wife tells him to do that
Credit where credit it’s due to be fair. While I am not happy with how we’re playing he’s doing his best to stop the rott

I agree credit for pulling out of the tail spin. Let’s see what he does with it now
He's been training separately, Dodds mentioned it In his press conference, very doubtful to be back before the Sheff Wed game

That’s a good idea, He might see the ball a bit

Last edited:
The nightmare scenario is 2 of Leeds, Southampton and Leicester staying down. Although Leicester will be starting next season on minus points, but I feel whoever misses out will have to be heavy favourites next year.

I don’t feel that's of any relevance to us at all.

Back