4 clean sheets in 5 games

So the formation and tactics went over your head then. Jobe was playing as a false 9 with Clarke and Rigg pushed past him on either side, like old-style inside forwards.

So... the false 9 walks around, hides behind defenders when off the ball, when on the ball he manages to pick out..... fullbacks.

Yup, well over my head.

A false 9 is still a f***ing attacking position!

Let’s just hope the club don’t give him the job full time. It’s always in the back of mind that if we have a very good end to the season, the naive owner may hand him the reigns. We shouldn’t forgot how awful things were a few weeks ago. Most of this Board were apprehensive we may not get a few draws to stay up.
Things still aren’t great like . We’ve six points from nine games

So the formation and tactics went over your head then. Jobe was playing as a false 9 with Clarke and Rigg pushed past him on either side, like old-style inside forwards.

No, it didn’t.

I saw that.

I’ve defended Jobe nearly all season.

But he was shite.

He’s not a striker. He looks best as an 8. But his race is run this year imo. Like Dan Neil in league one. Burnt out.

So... the false 9 walks around, hides behind defenders when off the ball, when on the ball he manages to pick out..... fullbacks.

Yup, well over my head.

He was also clearly man-marking their midfield guy when they were trying to pass out from the back, not hiding!

The nightmare scenario is 2 of Leeds, Southampton and Leicester staying down. Although Leicester will be starting next season on minus points, but I feel whoever misses out will have to be heavy favourites next year.
That wont bother us

Yup, well over my head.

7 goals ,and 1 of few that will attract bids

Last edited:
I note how Mike Dodds evades the point about the lack of goals we have scored since he took over. We have no real threat and haven’t done all season with the obvious exception of Clarke, who sadly wont be a Sunderland player next season.

Doddy’s entertainers !
Mike Dodds's dad's dog's dead 😕
No, it didn’t.

I saw that.

I’ve defended Jobe nearly all season.

But he was shite.

He’s not a striker. He looks best as an 8. But his race is run this year imo. Like Dan Neil in league one. Burnt out.
What's an 8? (Honest question). I genuinely have nee idea, like. I've been watching footy for 55 years and I'm stumped.

Last edited:
We dodged a bullet tonight no? If they’d had the two penalties they should’ve had then it’s unlikely we would’ve walked away with a clean sheet.

Jobe wasn’t suited to his role tonight - we’d have needed a Velcro shirt and a furry ball for it to stick to him. He appears to go down way too easily too, which isn’t getting much mileage with the championship refs.

But - it’s a great point away from home and over all it was a committed, team, performance with some semblance of organisation and game plan.

As an aside, and purely my own irrational and unfair observation, but why would a manager need to wear a cap at a night game in April, it irritates me 😂

Yup, well over my head.

According to Dodds we’re considering him as an attacker next season. He’ll probably score 5-6 between now and end of season, and guess who Speakman then puts forward as our attacking option? As he did with Dajaku

Back