3rd test - Headingley

I read on the BBC website a few days after the first two tests that we had outscored the Aussies in runs off the bat and the difference in totals has been the number or extras conceded, pretty mad stat.

Robinson and Stokes have been responsible for the lions share of wides and no balls.

We just f***ing go for it. This new approach, whatever you think of it, is producing positive results. This thread has had multiple posters claiming The Ashes were gone and we're shite but we've won it and let's be honest we could have won all 3. I'm still not fully convinced but I feel the team have 'bought in' I think we as fans should also embrace it. It's mad but it works.
For me I am not saying don't be positive and back themselves but they do need to focus more, do their catching training (because its clear they are not doing enough!), be smarter at playing the situation and adapting. We have been falling far too often into the Aussies very obvious plans. Its clear that a positive mentality helps many of the players on this team but it needs to be paired with adaptability, focus, hard training and preparation. We are far too casual and laissez faire in attitude at the moment. Its a good win but the Aussies are relentless so we must be too in the pursuit of improving.

Stokes seemed to suggest Ali at 3 was just a one off
If Pope’s not fit then I think it has to be Root there then with Mo further back, but I think Root 4 and Brook 5 is the highest potential for damage to the opposition.
To be honest, Stokes is probably the best man for the number 3 role as often his best performances he’s ended up running out of tailenders. Maybe coming in at 3, doing his usual 24 defensive shots then going for it is best for the team at that point

Lots to think about, I just hope they don’t make the mistake of thinking we won so no changes needed, the Aussies will come back stronger.

Last edited:
For me I am not saying don't be positive and back themselves but they do need to focus more, do their catching training (because its clear they are not doing enough!), be smarter at playing the situation and adapting. We have been falling far too often into the Aussies very obvious plans. Its clear that a positive mentality helps many of the players on this team but it needs to be paired with adaptability, focus, hard training and preparation. We are far too casual and laissez faire in attitude at the moment. Its a good win but the Aussies are relentless so we must be too in the pursuit of improving.
I don't think you get it.

Did anyone there today see the full kit mag lass? With added “Toon army” sunglasses and Terry Mac perm?

Was she asking questions about the legality of kidnapping neighbours' cats if they stray into your garden? If so, she posts on here.
Robbo needs to go for me. I’d probably pick Tongue, but got a feeling it’ll be Jimmy

I think it'll be Jimmy as well.

Back