3rd Ashes Test - Headingley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great man too mate.
Kim Hughes is a funny bloke :lol:

He was relieved that someone else can take the mantle of losing a match like that.

I just assumed that when watching the highlights

Logon or register to see this image
If that's the case it should have carried on down the leg stump line.
It was plumb I can’t believe people are even talking about it. It pitched him line, straightened and was going on to hit the stumps. Even if it hit his front leg it still would have hit him in line. We got away with one but by God he earned it

Great man too mate.

He was relieved that someone else can take the mantle of losing a match like that.

Can’t see how Hawkeye judges spin. I thought it just went straight on the line. Watching it at full speed it definitely appears to be heading legside and at best umpires call. Never a three red decision for me

It was plumb I can’t believe people are even talking about it. It pitched him line, straightened and was going on to hit the stumps. Even if it hit his front leg it still would have hit him in line. We got away with one but by God he earned it
and it would have deflected on to the stumps anyway :lol:

For those with a basic sky package, the third test review is on Skysports mix 121 until 10pm tonight

Can’t see how Hawkeye judges spin. I thought it just went straight on the line. Watching it at full speed it definitely appears to be heading legside and at best umpires call. Never a three red decision for me

Haway Carty man. Of course it didn’t go straight on the technology showed it straighten and where it would finish following the trajectory after if straightened. It was 100% out. There’s nothing to debate the technology proves it. Owa the moon tho!

Easy how it judges it. The ball pitched, then span. Hawkeye then continues the line of travel in the same direction the ball is heading from the moment it hits the pads.
Haway Carty man. Of course it didn’t go straight on the technology showed it straighten and where it would finish following the trajectory after if straightened. It was 100% out. There’s nothing to debate the technology proves it. Owa the moon tho!

Exactly. People are talking as if Hawkeye judges the direction before it pitches. It pitched, straightened then hit the pad. So Hawkeye continues the line as if the ball hadn't been obstructed. And in this case it was heading into the stumps.
There wasn't a single there, it went straight to the fielder.

I know. But that is the incident he is referring to.
Great man too mate.

It did turn though, hence it hit his pad. You could see it straightened on replay.

Last edited:
First time I’ve seen the days cricket from the tv Lyon fumble my 10 year old could have took that.

Also did Cummings tell Paine no for that review. ?

Pretty sure I saw him shake his head and paine ignored him.
Clear as day. A bowler that good knows a ball that has pitched outside leg, hit outside leg, and is going down leg. Shook his head and said "nah".
Harmison on SSN earlier acknowledged Geoff Cook for plucking Stokes from Cumbria and bringing him through the Durham academy. A good comment well made about the man who did more than anyone to make Durham what they are today, and obviously by extension, England ;)

Last edited:
It’s easy to call almost every dismissal soft. Bairstow was there to hit, Root would back himself to hit that through mid wicket. Archer was taking risks but his risk taking got vital boundaries. So yes by batsmen getting out we made it harder for ourselves but that’s cricket
I think that Buttler and Root were more unlucky than anything. I agree that Archer played as Archer does and made some vital inroads. But some of the other dismissals made me wonder if the batsmen really have, as Vaughan had it, learned the necessary lessons.
But disregard the above. We must only celebrate, now.

Channel 5 highlights. The commentating towards the end is superb, pure emotion. Lyon misses the stumping and the main presenter bloke is almost annoyed at how panicked he is "oh no, there's a runout, ahhhhh, noooo.... it's too much for everybody, it's as simple as that, it's too much!" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back