3rd Ashes Test - Headingley

Status
Not open for further replies.

I live just up the road from Headingley, no rain currently but it's very overcast.

Could be an interesting toss this morning with Sun forecast for everything other than this morning.

Bancroft out Harris in
Siddle out Pattinson in

According to the Aussie press.

Was half hoping Starc was coming back in. because I don't expect him to be that effective at Headingley and he leaks runs.
Bat first still. Will turn later, series has shown it’s always best to bat first

Yeah I agree, just thinking it has a chance of being a 'good toss to lose' if you put into bat and end up 3 or 4 down in the first session.

Last edited:
Was forecast to pass over by 11, so should be underway by 11.30.

Temptation to bowl, might be a good toss to lose.
Wasn’t in Shane Warne that famously said something like usually bat first, except in England when there’s a storm in which case you go outside, look up then bat first anyway.

About 100 years after the quote originated: “If you win the toss, bat. If you are in doubt, think about it, then bat. If you have very big doubts, consult a colleague, then bat”.

But covered pitches changed everything.

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance, but why cant you complete the toss on time, especially when they know the rain will pass shortly and time wont be lost?

With the overcast and gloomy conditions there will be something in this for the bowlers. Might not be the worst toss to lose.
England win toss and bowl!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back